No more Happy Hour Polls

It's over.
 4 (40%)
Can I cry now?
 1 (10%)
What about Poolapalooza?
 5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Austin HH Thread  (Read 40742 times)

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
Re: Austin LSD HH 5/13
« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2005, 12:23:38 PM »
Larry's the name- I guess Texas football is now my game.  Hook em Horns.

Two important things to know.

1) It's 1:22 ADT and OU still sucks.

2) The second Saturday in October sucks, too.   >:(

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
I'd be down with a HH, I need to fall back off the wagon...or is it on the wagon??

Anything to get my New Guy status back

Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2005, 01:24:25 PM »
I'd be down with a HH, I need to fall back off the wagon...or is it on the wagon??

Anything to get my New Guy status back

You can always create a new account and come back onto the thread as a new character, like I did when I created you.

I am by no means just a creation of Crow's....even though he is super awesome and the worlds best paddle tennis player...but I am definetly real, there would be no way anyone could come up with someone this cool (except maybe Crow), but I'm not made up, no way no how!

*Was that convincing enough?*

*We sure are clever bastards!*
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2005, 01:53:27 PM »
or maybe we're so sane that we're blowing your minds!

...oh wait, you already said that  ;)

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2005, 02:08:45 PM »
1) OU always sucks. Now. And forever. Duh.

Amen!
2)limon, my dad travels all the time for work too. Like Finland. They eat a lot of fish in Finland, apparently. And as a candy, they have licorice filled with a salt solution. As if licorice wasn't gross enough as it was.

I was in the Outer Hebrides a couple of months ago and tried haggis (as an appetizer only).  It was... interesting.

On the other hand, a co-worker was in Iceland recently and was offered to try some hakari...

http://www.pilotguides.com/destination_guide/europe/iceland_and_greenland/shark_meat.php

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2005, 02:16:05 PM »

When people talk of business travel, folks often picture London, New York, Paris, etc. (which does happen sometimes, I'll admit).  However, they fail to also picture Halifax, Fargo, Salina (Kansas), Little Rock, etc. and getting up at godawful hours to catch flights.  It's honestly one of the big reasons for me to look at a career change to law from what I am doing.

Not to be Debbie Downer,but lawyers do it too.  Be careful about the firm you pick.  My poor Dad spent 4 months except for weekends in some town in Tennessee an hour and a half from the closest airport.  He also had to go to Norway and Malaysia.  Right now he's going fun places though.  He spent last week in LA, this week he's in Hilton Head and next week's Miami!

I need to start eating better too.  Maybe we can support each other Ana!

I slept through workout this morning and I didn't run yesterday.  I'm feelin the blah Cela, I know what you mean.

Let's all runaway to the Caribbean before Law School starts!

No, it's a very fair warning, and one I have researched pretty well.  I should have been more particular in my bitching.   ;)  It's not so much the travel itself, but when it gets to be a lot.  I used to travel 100%, and now it's about 50%.  It was cool when I was 24 and single, but not so much now that I have kids who are growing up.  

Most lawyers I spoke to indicate travel is usually about 25% for depositions, etc., but can go up in case of a trial out of city/state (I've been pretty specific about my questioning on this lately).  Given that I want to go litigation, it's a concern, but it seems manageable.  I actually DO like to travel occasionally, and being in the office every day would kill me, but I agree it is something I will be very cautious of in my search.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2005, 02:18:49 PM »
http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/05/35/music-stacy.php

Someone has done the research for us. My favorite part: "Gwen is introducing us to her sh-t."

I know this is from a while ago, but I just finished this link...I've never heard this song, but it sounds pretty bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

biglarryowens

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • biglarryowens on LSN
    • Email
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2005, 02:25:11 PM »
NOw that I have officially decided on Austin, including the signing of my loan agreement. I would like to join this board. Hi everybody. Larry's the name- I guess Texas football is now my game.  Hook em Horns.

So, does this mean I'm officially no longer the new guy?

Welcome, and congratulations to everyone in need of a congratulations.

Nope, you are now a veteran- I guess I'm nte new guy, so I should let the hazing begin.
166/3.58
Attending UT ($)
Yes: USC, Wash U, USD, ASU, William&Mary, Indiana, UofA, UNLV, Illinois, UT Austin
No: NYU, Georgetown, Columbia, Yale, Havard, Penn, Duke
Defer: Cornell
Waitlist: UCLA

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=biglarryowens

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2005, 02:27:37 PM »
I think by not knowing this song, I probably am automatically disqualified for student health insurance

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2005, 04:38:59 PM »
Excerpt from Bill Simmons column on ESPN.COM in regards to the Britney Spears TV show:

I missed it last night, but Britney's new TV show was apparently a train wreck of gargantuan proportions. In a good way. By all accounts, not only will the show end what was left of her career, but the odds of a Federline-Spears sex tape leaking onto the Internet have just been taken off the books in Vegas.