No more Happy Hour Polls

It's over.
 4 (40%)
Can I cry now?
 1 (10%)
What about Poolapalooza?
 5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Austin HH Thread  (Read 40038 times)

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Austin LSD HH 5/13
« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2005, 12:52:05 PM »
I just saw Britney and her husband on the Ellen show when I was getting ready this morning (gonna play the no cable card as a defense for why I was watching the Ellen show). Anyway, I can't seem to get enough of Britney's husband...I am completely fascinated, It's like staring at carnies (but with the added entertainment of if the carnie won the lotto, married a stripper, and was given a television show)...Only In America!!!

Cela, I too am contemplating continuing to grow hair out til I can put it in a pony tail...but I just can't become a ponytail guy. My advice would be to keep your hair the way you want it to start, and if it becomes too much of a hassle, just grow and go with the ponytail...My other advice would be to never take my advice.
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2005, 05:46:44 PM »
Quick question: I really crave pizza tonight. I'm in the downtown area. Where's a good place that delivers? Mmmmm.... pizza....
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2005, 05:52:22 PM »
^

Longhorn Delivery? ???

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2005, 06:24:09 PM »
hmm...maybe conan's if you like deep dish
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2005, 06:35:40 PM »
I haven't had Gumby's since back at Michigan State...Pokey Stix rock!

but i wrote them a check that bounced once, then i never had the nerve to order from them again.

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2005, 06:40:13 PM »
Awesome ellie. Thanks! I'll order from them in about an hour or so....

biglarryowens

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • biglarryowens on LSN
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2005, 08:29:34 PM »
NOw that I have officially decided on Austin, including the signing of my loan agreement. I would like to join this board. Hi everybody. Larry's the name- I guess Texas football is now my game.  Hook em Horns.
166/3.58
Attending UT ($)
Yes: USC, Wash U, USD, ASU, William&Mary, Indiana, UofA, UNLV, Illinois, UT Austin
No: NYU, Georgetown, Columbia, Yale, Havard, Penn, Duke
Defer: Cornell
Waitlist: UCLA

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=biglarryowens

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2005, 09:35:09 PM »
So is anyone going to watch the moving train wreck of the Britney/Kevin show this eve?  For some reason, I'm dying to see it, but I don't have cable so I'm looking for someone to fill me in on how truly awful it is.

Are they going to kill him live on the air?  I'd probably spare 30 minutes or so to watch that.  Well, as long as it's not opposite CSI, in which case I'd have to DVR it.

On a completely separate subject, can anyone tell me what the hell Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback girl" is about?  I know I'm old, but I'm usually not quite this out of it.

Oh, and I think the Daily Show, while slightly left leaning, skewers stupidity on both sides pretty equally. It's also one of the funniest things on TV on a regular basis, and "America: The Book" is about the funniest book I have read in 10 years.

Ok, yeah, there's not much to do in Nova Scotia except watch Canadian music television.  Oh, and they get up way to freaking early here.

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2005, 12:16:46 PM »
Yep.  Nova Scotia.  Canada, that is.  Codfish... Atlantic sea...

Did you know the Titanic victims are buried here?  Actually, it's a nice little city, but when the weather sucks and you are stuck in a hotel room, it doesn't matter.  Also, I have to get up at 2:30 AM central time to catch my flight tomorrow/tonight.  Joy.

When people talk of business travel, folks often picture London, New York, Paris, etc. (which does happen sometimes, I'll admit).  However, they fail to also picture Halifax, Fargo, Salina (Kansas), Little Rock, etc. and getting up at godawful hours to catch flights.  It's honestly one of the big reasons for me to look at a career change to law from what I am doing.

Anyhow, I know, tiny violins...   ;)

Thanks for the Hollaback info.  Pharrell was involved, and I like most things he is attached to, so that explains why it got my attention.  I don't feel quite so out of it now.    ;D

Congrats on your thesis and MA, Crow.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2005, 12:20:36 PM »
NOw that I have officially decided on Austin, including the signing of my loan agreement. I would like to join this board. Hi everybody. Larry's the name- I guess Texas football is now my game.  Hook em Horns.

So, does this mean I'm officially no longer the new guy?

Welcome, and congratulations to everyone in need of a congratulations.