Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU  (Read 2697 times)

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
NYU
« on: March 17, 2005, 09:56:24 AM »
My mail is slow.  Letter dated March 9, received yesterday.  I expect my Boalt and Stanford letters (no doubt dated the first week in March) should arrive the last week in March....

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: NYU
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
Sorry, Tousled Pigtails.  But you wanted to stay near DC anyway, right?  Or am I making that up?  So is it between UVa, GULC and NU?
UVa it is!

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 10:38:44 AM »
USC is a big player, I'm from LA so it might be nice to be at home for a few years.  I really haven't decided on any yet, I have decided to give up on the others schools I applied to though.  NYU was the last one that I really thought I had some shred of a chance at.  Really can't expect anything but more rejection from Boalt and Stanford.  I'm just sad because I got all the acceptances early and all of the rejections later.  I wish it were the opposite and I could go out on top!

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 11:15:15 AM »
USC is a big player, I'm from LA so it might be nice to be at home for a few years.  I really haven't decided on any yet, I have decided to give up on the others schools I applied to though.  NYU was the last one that I really thought I had some shred of a chance at.  Really can't expect anything but more rejection from Boalt and Stanford.  I'm just sad because I got all the acceptances early and all of the rejections later.  I wish it were the opposite and I could go out on top!

Yeah, I know.  It was such a high getting the acceptances, and then the waiting on the pending ones/probable rejection letters is totally deflating.  I wish it had been the opposite.  Maybe making a final decision will make it uplifting again!
UVa it is!

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 11:24:42 AM »
I certainly hope so!  I'm traveling nearly every weekend in April visiting schools, if I can't make a decision after that I'm pretty screwed!  All the same, would have liked to put NYC on my list.  :P

SuntoryTime

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 11:33:34 AM »
Same thing, Rejected at NYU...no surprise there, though they messed up my name on the letter, which I thought was pretty funny.
GPA - 3.33, LSAT - 166 (164+167)

Attending GW
Accepted: Emory, Richmond, W&L, Minnesota, GW
Waitlisted: UVA (withdrawn), Vanderbilt (too lazy to withdraw)
Rejected: Georgetown, Cornell, BC, ND, NYU

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuntoryTime

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 11:20:12 PM »
As expected. my rejection arrived today. As much as I anticipated the rejection, I still found myself close to tears with frustration at having 3 rejections in a week's time and no $$ from Loyola. But I kept myself together. I'm saving my tears for Boalt, though I equally expect to be rejected there.

Can you tell I've had a bad week?

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 11:14:05 AM »
How much did the book run you?  I had a vault gold membership but I let it lapse, is the book helpful or just people ranting? 

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 11:21:49 AM »
so it's $14.95 for the PDF without shipping?  That's not too bad for instant gratification.  I'm just trying to decide between 4 schools and trying to convince myself that I'm not dumb for not getting in to 6 others....

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 12:07:27 PM »
Thanks Star, I feel better today. I'm going to focus on the schools I'm into and try and make a decision. What does the book say about USF? Are you considering USF?