Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lots of money at Case  (Read 683 times)

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
Re: lots of money at Case
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 08:41:01 PM »
congrats.  what are the odds of you ending up there?
Pitt is it!

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 08:47:08 PM »
not too good - but I guess anything's possible. I thought I had ruled out lots of schools, but they just keep popping back up for one reason or another.

DannyJunior

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 12:49:02 AM »
I thought you were looking to defer for a year...is that still in your plans?

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »
yeah still planning to defer. the only way this wouldn't happen is if I decided to go to OSU since I already live here. I've got a few reasons to defer but one of the biggies is that I need to save money to move and I don't really have any savings as of yet.

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 10:33:43 PM »
yeah still planning to defer. the only way this wouldn't happen is if I decided to go to OSU since I already live here. I've got a few reasons to defer but one of the biggies is that I need to save money to move and I don't really have any savings as of yet.

If I end up a OSU I plan to defer a year as well to save for moving costs etc.  Do you know how scholarship offers work for students who are offered $$$, but then defer for a year.

jdw112

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 10:37:11 PM »
That is an amazing number, good going. I'd have a hard time turning down cash like that.

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 10:54:37 PM »
Congrats.  Case was one of my "eh, they sent me a fee waiver, what the hell" schools, but now that they're offering me a big pile of cash (well, not as big as yours, but relatively close) they've jumped to the top of my list.  I'm going to Cleveland this week to check it out, and unless I really can't stand it for some reason, that's probably where I'll end up.

Was your money a merit scholarship or was it the leadership grant?

Oh, by the way, did you ask for an extension for your deposit date, or have you already turned them down?  I only ask because the deposit's for people w/scholarships is April 1.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 12:16:53 AM »
Mine was the Law/Health Fellowship (I think) b/c I had said I was interested in health law on my apps.

I'm going to turn it down, but I just let it lapse b/c I didn't send in anything by the right deadline. I'm withdrawing from all of my schools tomorrow except W&M and OSU (pending the Moritz contest outcome).

If I don't decide to go to OSU I'm going to go to W&M (decided to move this fall instead of deferring), but if it were to fall through during the summer (kinda sketchy) I'm going to w/d and reapply to two schools next year: W&M and UVA and that's it.