Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL likes to wait to ding ya!  (Read 1350 times)

TBoneUCLA

WUSTL likes to wait to ding ya!
« on: March 16, 2005, 07:16:30 PM »
okay, so i actually talked with a very helpful woman at WUSTL today. she said my app has been reviewed, a decision has been made and they are in the process of mailing it out.

no one out of the 350 or so people on LSN that has applied to wustl has gotten rejected yet.

i will either be the first to get dinged or that means i am in, right? this is a useless discussion i know, but i was wondering if anyone out there had info that might shed some light on this.

i also applied kinda late to them, around the end of jan, so my app couldnt have gone complete much before mid feb.....

whatcha guys think??

ilsox7

Re: WUSTL likes to wait to ding ya!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 07:45:13 PM »
Wash U. doesn't do a traditional rolling application process, so applying in January doesn't hurt.  Up until now, though, they send their acceptances out via e-mail.  Did they say if it was going i nthe mail this week or are they holding it for a few days?

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:48:07 PM »
Wash U. doesn't do a traditional rolling application process, so applying in January doesn't hurt.  Up until now, though, they send their acceptances out via e-mail.  Did they say if it was going i nthe mail this week or are they holding it for a few days?

they just said it was in the process of being mailed out

you just made me go from  :) to :'(

were they sending out ALL acceptances via email??

ilsox7

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 07:52:51 PM »
I think 1 person on here got his acceptance and scholarship via USPS a couple of weeks ago, but every other acceptance I have read about on here and LSN has gone out via email.  Also, Wash U. told me back in January that they make decisions on all non-auto admits in mid to late March.  So this seems to be on par with their timeline and it means we may be seeing Wash U. bad news and hopefully some good news early next week. 

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 08:00:19 PM »
I think 1 person on here got his acceptance and scholarship via USPS a couple of weeks ago, but every other acceptance I have read about on here and LSN has gone out via email.  Also, Wash U. told me back in January that they make decisions on all non-auto admits in mid to late March.  So this seems to be on par with their timeline and it means we may be seeing Wash U. bad news and hopefully some good news early next week. 

hmm. you have done your homework.

well i have seen alot of acceptances on LSN of people with lower indexes than me (3.42/164) and i  am sure they were not auto admits....so they must roll to some degree. (in other words they dont send out ALL decisions that arent auto-admit at the same time...)

and i rechecked my message from this woman. she said my decision is in the process of being mailed out to me. i GUESS that could be snail mail or email.....

i would be bummed to be one of the first people dinger at that school with my scores and soft factors! that would be damn harsh!

ilsox7

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 08:03:08 PM »
Take a look at LSN again.  Auto admits at Wash U. aren ot based on the index.  They are based on the LSAT.  There are a couple of outliers (a 161 from someone who visited in Dec and shortly thereafter got in), but for the most part every one admitted has a high LSAT.

I am tempted to call tomorrow, but I don't want it to ruin what is going to be an awesome weekend.  Plus I emailed them with a supplement last week and they made no mention of a decision, so I am gonna let myself believe I won't hear for a week or more.  :D

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 08:24:25 PM »
Take a look at LSN again.  Auto admits at Wash U. aren ot based on the index.  They are based on the LSAT.  There are a couple of outliers (a 161 from someone who visited in Dec and shortly thereafter got in), but for the most part every one admitted has a high LSAT.

I am tempted to call tomorrow, but I don't want it to ruin what is going to be an awesome weekend.  Plus I emailed them with a supplement last week and they made no mention of a decision, so I am gonna let myself believe I won't hear for a week or more.  :D

well, i guess i am not as stressed about it as i was a few minutes ago because i just came home to a renewable full ride to loyola la 8)

ilsox7

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 08:26:20 PM »
Congrats!  Would you go there over Wash U?

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 08:30:15 PM »
Congrats!  Would you go there over Wash U?

for a full ride?!?!

that would deffinatly take some hard thinking man....

it is the 3rd "best" school in socal, so it has other nice things going for it like weather and a great legal community, etc.

i will make that decision if and when i get accepted by wash u.

biglarryowens

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • biglarryowens on LSN
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 08:35:47 PM »
I got in and scholarship via snail mail.
166/3.58
Attending UT ($)
Yes: USC, Wash U, USD, ASU, William&Mary, Indiana, UofA, UNLV, Illinois, UT Austin
No: NYU, Georgetown, Columbia, Yale, Havard, Penn, Duke
Defer: Cornell
Waitlist: UCLA

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=biglarryowens