Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Brooklyn!  (Read 366 times)

winslow757

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
In at Brooklyn!
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:36:32 PM »
I'm in at Brooklyn! Right after visiting the campus too.

Does anybody know how they notify about scholarship money? Would it have been in the email they sent me or could it be in the formal packet that comes later? Any input would be much appreciated. I saw a number of people on LSN with similar numbers who have received awards, so I'm curious.
Accepted: Brooklyn w/17.5K, Suffolk, NYLS w/ 20K
Pending: Northeastern, Cardozo, American
Rejected: GW, Fordham (no surprise there)

158+164/3.74

ohwellok

• Sr. Citizen
  • the cutest beagle in the whole wide world!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: In at Brooklyn!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 07:08:39 PM »
i received the email first, and then the admissions packet about a week after, with no mention of scholarship money other than information about applying for need-based aid. about a week after that i received another packet regarding my grant award. good luck, based on your numbers i'm sure you'll get something!

princesssnadia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:34:40 PM »
Congrats!! I still haven't recieved any scholarship info. I got in about 2 weeks ago, maybe that means they won't offer me any.  ??? Do you think you'll attend?

winslow757

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 03:50:19 PM »
Right now I think it's where I'll probably go. But I haven't heard yet from Cardozo, American, or Northeastern. I think the real choice will come down to Cardozo (if I get in) and Brooklyn--I'm definitely most interested in being in NY.

Their facilities are great, Brooklyn Heights is a fun neighborhood, and I think I'd be happy there. I was not enthused with NYLS when I visited today, even with the money I don't think I'm going there.
Accepted: Brooklyn w/17.5K, Suffolk, NYLS w/ 20K
Pending: Northeastern, Cardozo, American
Rejected: GW, Fordham (no surprise there)

158+164/3.74