Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When is everyone quitting their job (if applicable)?  (Read 4004 times)

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
When is everyone quitting their job (if applicable)?
« on: March 16, 2005, 05:00:46 PM »
I know I can't wait to get out of here, but like all of us..the longer you work, the longer you have that check coming in. So when's everyone planning on quitting? I'm wondering how much time I should take off of work before going to school. I'm thinking a month but I'd almost like 6-8 weeks just to get all my stuff moved in...go on road trips...go out drinking, etc. What about you guys?

Boolsae

• View Profile
Re: When is everyone quitting their job (if applicable)?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 05:03:04 PM »
june or july, unless i get canned

SillyMia

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 05:04:12 PM »
I'm working until the day before my flight and/or moving van is packed up (which will probably be the weekend before school or orientation starts).  Yeah, I need the money.  My boss offered me $10k (above and beyond the 47k he pays me) if I could defer a year.  Only heard from one school so far and a bunch of waiting lists so now it looks like I'm leaving August '05.  We'll see!

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 05:06:52 PM »
July 31st.  I'll need a few weeks of rest, I'm sure.  Can't freakin' wait!
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

bobo21

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 05:11:12 PM »
I'm going to work until May 15 or June 1, and then travel until the first week of August when I'll move to wherever it is I'll be going to law school.  I have been working for five years straight (including a year and  half of full time grad school while working full time) so I am really looking forward to traveling for 2 months...

holdingmybreath

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 05:13:15 PM »
Planning on working through July.  I figure I'll move the first week of August, then a week or so of nothing much.

I'm planning to go to Europe in June.  I'm planning the trip so I can be back in time to give notice.

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 05:13:48 PM »
I really think I might get fired before July, but probably around that time.

I am probably going to attend Washington & Lee, and I have a cousin who goes to Mary Baldwin College (all girls school about 30 miles away from W&L).  I'll probably live with her for 2 or 3 weeks until I can move into my apartment via the lease agreement.

I'm planning on taking a second job here pretty soon, because I'm very useless at my current job (thus why I may get fired).

We shall see.

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 05:17:29 PM »
I was also thinking of going to Europe this summer a la Holdingmybreath, so was planning on leaving mid-June (I've saved up like a mofo). BUT if I get waitlisted up the wazoo and don't get accepted to a school I'm crazy about (a likely possibility), then I guess I'll have to stay on until I know for sure where I'm going.
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 05:17:49 PM »
I was thinking about working through July.  But, then I think, quitting after June would be sweet.  Now, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just bag it after May.

alphalyrae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 05:21:19 PM »
I quit my job in 2003, so that by the time I applied for financial aid for LS I would have very little money in the bank and have established a base income from the previous year (2004), and hence an EFC, of $0.

Just kidding. Kind of like when you do something stupid that somehow works out in your favor and you go, "Um, I meant to do that."

3.81/172
In: Harvard, Boalt, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, Penn
Waitlisted: Stanford
Rejected: Yale

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alphalyrae