Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: how to carry books without breaking my back  (Read 4015 times)

mailtime

• View Profile
Re: how to carry books without breaking my back
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2004, 02:28:28 PM »
not sure what you mean, but whatever you say

jgruber

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 02:31:11 PM »
One of the reasons against rolling backpacks is cuz people will think you're a nerd.

Why do we care what other people think? 

mailtime

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 02:32:30 PM »
ohhhh, my comments have nothing to do with the thread.

Boxergirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • gpa 3.45/lsat 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 02:50:43 PM »
this thread is absolutely ridiculous. you all are way to bored. if you care so much about "looking uncool" with a rolling backpack, or you're stressing out over whether to get a shoulder bag or standard backpack, i suggest you sign up for a "Law School Online" program...then you can sit on your fat, vain asses at home while studying the law and STILL posting on LSD.

Ginatio

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »
Why do you wear a suit to an interview? It's because wearing a suit projects a certain image of professionalism and you care what the interviewer thinks of you... otherwise you'd go in a comfortable pair of jeans and a t-shirt so you can "feel good", right?

One of the reasons against rolling backpacks is cuz people will think you're a nerd.

Why do we care what other people think? 

nachosauce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 02:56:26 PM »
i am friggin dying. this post is hilarious. as stated trying to be cute stage is over does not mean that i do not have an eye for style but it does mean that i also have an eye for function/comfort and safety.

obviously someone would pick up their rolling back pack as necessary. and if we want to talk about "*&^%" or what not how do people ever function with strollers for their kids or even shoes for that matter. c'mon people.

the roller is an additional function ie when its to damn heavy you can put it down and as for the damage done from bouncing they really sell study protectors but have you also noted the damage done from someone taking a heavy ass back pack off and jostling it to the nearby desk or chair?

i think the rollers offer flexibility bottom line.

is this high school or what ???

Ginatio

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 03:09:31 PM »
you're too easily amused.

i am friggin dying. this post is hilarious. as stated trying to be cute stage is over does not mean that i do not have an eye for style but it does mean that i also have an eye for function/comfort and safety.

strollers are also nasty, as are shoes... but rollerpacks expose a greater surface area to the ground than either strollers or shoes. plus, you will most probably handle your rollerpack more than you will the soles of your shoes or the wheels on a stroller.

Also, that doesn't get by the rain/snow problem of carrying around a rollerpack. are you telling me you're going to let it pick up filth throughout the warm season, and then when it snows, you will carry it on your back (i.e., you so-called "flexibility") ?

obviously someone would pick up their rolling back pack as necessary. and if we want to talk about "*&^%" or what not how do people ever function with strollers for their kids or even shoes for that matter. c'mon people.

the damage from banging your back pack into something is obvious--and if you're careful enough, you can avoid it. the damage from using a rollerpack that vibrates each time it runs over a tile is pretty subtle and unavoidable in some situations... after a few months your laptop may be subjected to thousands of small jolts. it doesn't take a sudden impact to damage electronics... you can damage them quite well with repetitive impact over time.

the roller is an additional function ie when its to damn heavy you can put it down and as for the damage done from bouncing they really sell study protectors but have you also noted the damage done from someone taking a heavy ass back pack off and jostling it to the nearby desk or chair?

fair enough. i don't agree, though. i think they're a hassle to deal with. I, myself am going with a messenger bag w/ photocopied briefs instead of the entire book.

i think the rollers offer flexibility bottom line.

Dude... i totally saw michelle mitchell making out with that new foreign exchange student. and did you see rob's new sneakers? what a homo  :-*

is this high school or what ???

i can't believe i'm arguing over rollerpacks. i love being an argumentative bastard.

mailtime

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2004, 03:16:43 PM »
for the record my comments were directed to jeffjoe personally and have nothing to do with the thread. 

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2004, 03:17:14 PM »
"you're stressing out over whether to get a shoulder bag or standard backpack, i suggest you sign up for a "Law School Online" program...then you can sit on your fat, vain asses at home while studying the law and STILL posting on LSD"

whew..i think i just wandered into this thread at the wrong time.  i suppose the question about the bookbag was just a practical one, not about how it looks.  but-hmm...come to think of it...does it look better on one shoulder or both...which shoulder...should i wear a little beret with it.  damn now ya got me worried!!

jgruber

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004, 03:19:05 PM »
for the record my comments were directed to jeffjoe personally and have nothing to do with the thread. 

OK It's official.  I'm cracking up.