Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Fordham Admitted students day?  (Read 1276 times)

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone going to Fordham Admitted students day?
« on: March 16, 2005, 03:11:19 PM »
Anyone thinking of going?  Do you know if Fordham would be able to shack you up or would I have to stay with friends?
Trying to make a difficult decision between Fordham & GW - figure I might as well visit the two.

ohwellok

• Sr. Citizen
  • the cutest beagle in the whole wide world!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone going to Fordham Admitted students day?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 03:42:15 PM »
i'm going to try to go. i haven't received my official acceptance packet yet, only the email. i'm really hoping that they provide some sort of financial assistance like other schools do for their admitted students day, otherwise i probably won't be able to go as i live in california. anyone know anything about this? fordham is one of my tops choices so far, so i do hope to make it work!

lurk-tastic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 04:19:25 PM »
Why these schools over Vandy? and GW, for that matter? Are you definitely trying to work in NYC?

Maverick21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 11:33:04 PM »
I just registered online through the admitted students' website.  I'm trying to decide between FU and GW as well.  I think I'm leaning toward FU because I really want to practice in NY for at least the first couple years after I graduate.  Plus living in Manhattan for the next three years sounds pretty good to me.  :)
wasssabi! (I'm trying to bring this back)

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 11:36:26 AM »
Yeah, definitely thinking about NYC post-grad.  I feel like Vandy might limit me to the south & GW would limit me to policy, not firm work.  But I'm pulling those assumptions out of my ass.

skeptical1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 11:51:52 AM »
I haven't gotten the mailing yet too... Prob not going to make it for the 4/6 but already decided on Fordham, so it doesn't matter too much. Still, if anyone goes, please post your impression here.

zenbiddie

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 12:21:39 PM »
i will attend and sit in on a class afterwards.

loryivey

• AOL Instant Messenger - loryivey
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 03:12:08 PM »
I don't know about travel reimbursement, but I'm going to the admitted students event on the 6th and I'm staying at the Hudson Hotel which is really nearby (w 58th and 9th, I think).  The rooms are small, but they have a special rate with Fordham.  I called the hotel and explained I was going to an event sponsored by the school and was wondering if they had any special discounts and was offered a price that was 90 dollars cheaper than the price when I went online to book it.

So that's a little piece of hotel advice.  My flight was 76 dollars r/t (from DC), so I was very happy with my discount travel booking....

good luck

Maverick21

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 10:26:05 PM »
loryivey, I called the Hudson hotel just now and the best they could do was $215  :'(, is that the offer they gave you?  I think I may go ghetto style and stay in a hostel to save some dinero.
wasssabi! (I'm trying to bring this back)

mjb691

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 10:11:06 AM »
I'm going to be there as well. I'm staying with my sister who is a Fordham UG in the scenic Bronx, and with some friends that live in Yonkers in Westchester County. It's far, but the price is right (free). Unless one of the T-14 schools falls out, it's between Fordham and Wash U, especially if Fordham's packet (which I haven't gotten, either) contains some merit aid.

Hope to see you folks there.

Mike
ATTENDING: Penn
IN: WUSTL, Fordham, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Temple
THE REST: Doesn't matter