Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What kind of bogus sh*t is "Princeton Review Law Preview"  (Read 1021 times)

spit

• View Profile
    • Email
What kind of bogus sh*t is "Princeton Review Law Preview"
« on: March 16, 2005, 02:39:51 PM »
got a solicitation from the Princeton Review Law Preview Course.
WTF?!

law school is just an industry. a money sucking leech. or series or leeches, rather.

lawbuddy

Re: What kind of bogus sh*t is "Princeton Review Law Preview"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 04:11:37 PM »
it's actually not that bad.  Similar to the Bar/Bri course.

I recommend avoiding it, because I hope to be one of the few who actually takes the course and has that advantage, slight as it may be.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 04:42:40 PM »
Talk about weird.  I tried to reserve a seat for one of those classes with my credit card and it was declined (oops!).  The next day I got a message from AF/JA that there will be a 10 day legal research/writing course for paralegals this July.  Since it's a TDY, they will pay ME to attend.  Thank you, Visa, for declining my payment to Bar Bri.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

spit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 04:46:50 PM »
Thanks Visa, indeed.

at least you get free as perk from your job.

i take it that lawbuddy is rich. or is it more of a "why not? what's another grand added to my student loans anyway" sort of thing.
sorry if i sound like a jerk. i'm just getting extrenely disillusioned by the Law School Industry, shall we say. It's f*cking ludicrous.

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 04:51:36 PM »
Fear not.  I'll scrape you up a uniform and sneak you into the seminar.  We all look the same anyway, so nobody will know the difference.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

lawbuddy

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 01:30:09 PM »
Rich??? Me???? HA!

I just bust my butt and scrounge what money I have.  I had to pay for college and support a family (neices/sister/mother) so I learned how to be frugal.

Although you're right, I see an extra $1000 as a sound investment, all things considered.  If it gives me even the slightest edge, I'm taking it (excluding anything unethical).

One good idea I've got is to ask people from the school you want to go to if you can get a copy of their 1L outlines, to study before you go.  I'm already done w/ Civil Proc. and Con. (they're the most interesting to me anyway, or at least I need Civil for my job now so it's interesting in that regard) and will be done with the other outlines by the time I get to school next fall ('06).  I'm hoping to be top 10% wherever I go, and if that means I have to study 2 hours a day for the next year and a half, and then 8 hours a day for the three years of school, you're goddamned right I will.

Diligence, baby.  That's 9/10ths of the law right there.