Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT  Prep Courses  (Read 7784 times)

JohnnyTrout

Re: LSAT  Prep Courses
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2003, 08:56:04 AM »
Does anybody know anything about Powerscore?  They are comparable to TestMasters in the services they offer, and yet they charge only 1095.00.

Trunks

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2003, 10:04:58 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations as far as Prep Courses? I am considering Powerscore and Kaplan. I found Powerscore's book on Logic Games extremely helpful and Kaplan consistently includes detailed explanations on every section of the LSAT. Don't care much for Princeston. I am not familar with Testmasters. If anyone here has any personal insight to LSAT prep courses and/or Powerscore and Kaplan's programs I would very much appreciate any information you have to offer. I am trying to decide whether to register for a prep class for the upcoming October 2003 LSAT or not. Open for as much insight on this decision as possible.

Thanks!

AIM: theBigWhiteS
8)

Dan Smith

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 08:38:50 PM »
For reviews of LSAT prep courses go to www.testpreprankings.com

They grade each course, plus include reviews so you know what to expect.

Maureen Ventura

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2003, 07:07:40 PM »
The advice is interesting... I am just starting the process of studying for the LSAT. For those of you who have been through the process...any advice for a someone just starting? ;D

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 08:45:20 PM »
This might be late but I have researched Cracking the LSAT (Princeton Review) Barron's, Avco, Peterson's, Testmasters, (not powerscore yet) Master the LSAT, and Kaplan.  From my experience I hear on and off the books that Kaplan does really try to help you improve your scores (or better yet achieve higher scores without needing to retake it) Now if all of you have been on this board long enough you will know that I am cuurently unbiased (I do not work for any of these places especially Kaplan).  But I will admit to be somewhat biased based on a certin finding that occured about 3 days ago (I had already pretty much decided on Kaplan before this event) As it turns out I entered a drawing about 2 weeks ago, for a free Kaplan prep course of my choosing (LSAT is what I signed up for duh!) and figured even though I am early in the game (enough) that I might as well try my luck at this drawing.  The winner is entitled a free course (1,099.00) standard no strings attatched except that you need to redeem the cirtifcate within get this 4 years.  Now remember that I said I was early in the game but not THAT early.  I am currently a soph/jun going through college at record speed (that's how I perceive it since I began in summer of 2002 and I should grad some time next year or so). Anyway as I was saying, I found out two days ago after a drawing that ocurred three days prior out of some odd hundred or even thousand people, I won.  So now my prep course will be free.  Now don't get me wrong I felt that paying for it was justified and I was ready to fork over the money, but now I can concentrate on mastering the LSAT and studying rather than saving the money, or add to my college debt (finacing option available which I would have had to do becasue I can't afford otherwise). SO that's my two cents.  I chose Kaplan, and they chose me (apparently) my advice to you all out there studying, I will reiterate use the method(s) and/or courses of preperation that you believe will help YOU personally better your score and/or chances of admission to the LS of your choice, if you feel a course is perfct for your needs go for it.  Good Luck all of you :) ;D
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141