Law School Discussion

LSAT  Prep Courses

naticatlaw

LSAT  Prep Courses
« on: October 16, 2001, 09:40:46 AM »
Does anyone have any idea what prep course is the best? Princeton Review? Kaplan? etc... :-/

Kevin Song

Re: LSAT  Prep Courses
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2002, 01:02:58 PM »
You should look into TestMasters. They offer many more hours than Princeton and Kaplan and they also have better teachers. Most of the people I know took it with them and had nothing but rave reviews.  :)

steve

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2002, 08:33:40 AM »
I've done an extensive amount of research on what prep course I should take, and I concluded that Testmasters is the best.  They give you 80 hours of prep, compared to 25 from Kaplan and 16 from Princeton review.  Testmasters is, however, one of the most expensive services because they use actual LSAT questions, and have to pay steep licensing fees.  This is towards your benefit because Kaplan and Princeton Review don't use actual LSAT questions--instead they try to get you to think in a certain way that "parallels" the thinking you should have when answering LSAT question.      
    I think Kaplan's and Princeton's approach does nothing but confuse you.  Plus, at Kaplan they don't guarantee improving your school by a tremendous amount.  A friend told me that at Kaplan he was told he could only improve his score by 6 points.  When he attended testmasters, he improved by 13 points.  I read about one testmasters student who improved by 33 points!  
   Good luck deciding on how to prepare, but definitely consider testmasters!  Also, sign up for the course over private tutoring--you'll learn a hell of a lot more that way!

Tyler

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2002, 07:01:59 AM »
I heard TestMasters is only good if you live in California.  Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?  I was looking into taking TM in Gainesville (Univ of Florida).  

Thanks

Sean

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 08:37:44 AM »
Hello!
I would appreciate it if I can get some feedback from someone on the best possible test prep.I heard that Testmasters have a weekend seminar at 16 hours for about $400, has anyone taken it and if so, can you tell me about it please!
Thank you so much!
Sean

Dan Smith

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 06:38:50 PM »
For reviews of LSAT prep courses go to www.testpreprankings.com

They grade each course, plus include reviews so you know what to expect.

Maureen Ventura

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 05:07:40 PM »
The advice is interesting... I am just starting the process of studying for the LSAT. For those of you who have been through the process...any advice for a someone just starting? ;D