Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: South Texas visit today...help me out!  (Read 919 times)

LaneSwerver

South Texas visit today...help me out!
« on: March 16, 2005, 10:04:26 AM »
So I'm visiting South Texas today, which is my #2 choice and #1 reasonable choice. Houston is my #1, but I have no chance there, is what I mean.  Give me some advice on what to ask, what to see, etc. I'll take whatever you got.

LaneSwerver

Re: South Texas visit today...help me out!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 12:20:52 PM »
Hey, thanks for all your great advice! I'll be sure and use it when I go this afternoon.

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 12:24:11 PM »
uh..well I would offer advice, but my visit to UT didn't exactly get me in - so I don't want to screw up your chances also.  Best of luck to you though!

LaneSwerver

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 12:26:36 PM »
uh..well I would offer advice, but my visit to UT didn't exactly get me in - so I don't want to screw up your chances also.  Best of luck to you though!

I told you that stripping and running through the admissions office yelling, "Take me! Take me!" would not work.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 12:27:43 PM »
Ask em when are they gonna give us our decisions?!??!?!?! ???

I guess i'd be interested in seeing the classrooms and the rest of the facilities, you know study areas etc,etc. I'd ask about the parking situation as well. let me know what you find out. seeing as i live in MD, I wont be visiting anytime soon until i get an acceptance! goodluck & have fun! :D
HUSL 1L

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 12:29:44 PM »
Ask em when are they gonna give us our decisions?!??!?!?! ???

I guess i'd be interested in seeing the classrooms and the rest of the facilities, you know study areas etc,etc. I'd ask about the parking situation as well. let me know what you find out. seeing as i live in MD, I wont be visiting anytime soon until i get an acceptance! goodluck & have fun! :D

I'll report this afternoon. I know they have a prking lot next to the school that's for students. I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to park today. I'll drop a small hint about the decisions...they do seem to run really slowly.

Xony

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimaxony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 12:31:13 PM »
Tell them reasons why you want to go to their school, and no I don't mean "my wifey works here so I wanna stay too".

LaneSwerver

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 12:33:03 PM »
Tell them reasons why you want to go to their school, and no I don't mean "my wifey works here so I wanna stay too".

How about, "I can't get in anywhere else and I don't want to go to Texas Southern."

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 12:35:25 PM »
u know i called them yesterday and they said they would be making decisons until MAY!! THATS INSANE! i was thinking about writing a nice letter reminding them that most other schools seat deposits are due by april 1st!! so if they are still sending out acceptances that late hardly ANYONE will be attending south texas! just my 2 cents.  :-\
HUSL 1L

LaneSwerver

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 12:39:06 PM »
Yeah, I got the same thing from them. Yet they still manage to enroll over 1000 people per cycle. The place is huge!