Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Law sucks because...  (Read 1455 times)

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Law sucks because...
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 11:17:01 AM »
i'm not even going to get in and i get tons of sh*t from them.  like fellowship stuff, brochures, packets, etc.  such a waste of a heart murmur to see a big white packet sticking out of my mailbox every week.  my dad is an alumni.  that is my only chance.  i have an ulcer.
FIU Class of 2009

zenbiddie

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 12:00:16 PM »
yes the dean lays it on thick, but the school does invest in its faculty. 

at least one guy is an international legal star... http://www.brooklaw.edu/faculty//profile/?page=109

this guy has an impressive list of accomplishments....
http://www.brooklaw.edu/faculty//profile/?page=155

this lady's got it goin on... http://www.brooklaw.edu/faculty//profile/?page=77

brooklyn offers a really good program for URMs but i can see how nonURMs could be unimpressed with its overall marketing strategy (wasteful mass mailings). cardozo has more to offer than brooklyn, but brooklyn does have a solid clinical program.  building a new dorm at least shows a commitment to student comfort/convenience.  though focusing on the dorm alone is a shortsighted sales pitch.   

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT: 162 UGPA: 3.06
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 12:19:17 PM »
I wasn't talking about your post.  I was talking about you being pointless.  HTH
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=MrGrieves

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American
Hell: BU
Purgatory: UConn, Cardozo

Applied: Temple

Jgunnz

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005, 05:53:08 PM »
Just because a school is proud of a very expensive and very modern addition to their institution doesn't mean they "suck" as you so eloquently put it.

I'm sure their admissions personnel would have addressed any of your concerns, if you only asked. In fact a 3rd year called me the other day just for that reason, I asked her about job placement, work load, etc. she was more than happy to talk to me-- and we spent about 20 minutes on the phone, she answered all of my questions.

Placement stats and info about their academic programs can be found in neat and glossy charts throughout the plethora of admissions material, no doubt, that was already sent to you. I don't think you can fault them on presenting what new projects they are working on. At least they are genuinely concerned about the quality of life of their students and are clearly making it a central concern.
Brooklyn Law Prince Scholar ($17.5K per year)

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 07:06:05 PM »
Thank you JGunnz for stating what I did not feel like taking the time to say.

Well spake.

Heaven: Northeastern (w/ $8500), Brooklyn, Roger Williams (w/ $20000), St. John's (w/ 12500), Hofstra (w/ $16000), Case Western (w/ $9000), American

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 09:50:54 PM »
building a new dorm at least shows a commitment to student comfort/convenience. 

Perhaps. How convenient though that it also happens to be a smart real estate investment for BLS, who by the way will be charging lucky residents market price for that comfort/convenience. You may think you're getting a better deal, but alas, you're not.

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 10:04:58 PM »
Just because a school is proud of a very expensive and very modern addition to their institution doesn't mean they "suck" as you so eloquently put it.

No, but the fact that they put so much emphasis on it and made it seem like it's the ONLY thing they're proud of does. Where are their priorities?

Placement stats and info about their academic programs can be found in neat and glossy charts throughout the plethora of admissions material, no doubt, that was already sent to you.

Yes. Neat and glossy brochures that ALREADY INCLUDE the info on the new residence hall. None of what the Dean said was news - except the bit about how Geraldo might come hang out with us lucky residents in the cool lobby/lounge. Whoopee.

At least they are genuinely concerned about the quality of life of their students and are clearly making it a central concern.

"Genuinely concerned"? Give me a break. To be able to buy a prime piece of NYC real estate and have a guaranteed pool of students pay the mortgage? I'd love to sign up for a deal like that.

qtip2012

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 03:41:11 AM »
If it was so bad you could have left, instead of sitting there and then running online to whine like a little b*tch.

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 10:14:31 AM »
If it was so bad you have left, instead of sitting there and then running online to whine like a little b*tch.

No sh*t, Einstein. I left as soon as I could without being disruptive. It would've been highly inappropriate for me to walk out in the middle of the dean's speech, esp. since I was far away from the door.

Btw in case you haven't noticed, this board is FULL of b*tchy whiners. If you don't like a particular thread, here's a newsflash: DON'T READ IT!

zenbiddie

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 10:56:24 AM »
okay nylo, so youre going to rutgers newark right?