Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston College Admitted Students Day  (Read 1329 times)

bbbb

• View Profile
Boston College Admitted Students Day
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:21:19 PM »
Is it OK to bring your parents to these things?

lil_token

Re: Boston College Admitted Students Day
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:33:18 PM »
no.

lanen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 05:32:28 PM »
yes especially if they are paying
165/3.81
In:  Temple (4,500 per year), Loyola of Chicago (15k per year), American, Fordham  & Villanova
Out:  Georgetown
Pending: George Washington, Penn, BC,  & BU

lil_token

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 05:34:23 PM »
yes especially if they are paying

Good point, but you can always leave them at the hotel. 

lanen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 05:41:13 PM »
WHY??  They can offer another perspective on the place.  Get over the whole "Im too cool and independent to allow my parents (the people who got you where you are) to tage along!  Grow-up 
165/3.81
In:  Temple (4,500 per year), Loyola of Chicago (15k per year), American, Fordham  & Villanova
Out:  Georgetown
Pending: George Washington, Penn, BC,  & BU

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 01:27:20 AM »

that would be so cute...

"mommy, can i go play with the other law students please! please!"
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

lil_token

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 03:10:09 AM »
WHY??  They can offer another perspective on the place.  Get over the whole "Im too cool and independent to allow my parents (the people who got you where you are) to tage along!  Grow-up 

Will your mommy be holding your hand through your first oral argument too? 

C'mon!

You can be grateful to your parents for their contributions to your success, but that doesn't mean you have to drag them along everywhere.  Admitted students days are not family oriented.  The activities planned do not provide for seating, food, etc. for anyone besides the admits themselves. So unless you want your parents to stand outside the auditorium and wait to pick you up afterwards, you might want to reconsider bringing them to admit day.  There are other, more appropriate and convenient times for them to visit.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 06:10:37 AM »

well it really depends on the situation.

if i was going to go across the country, i would definitely invite my mom along if she wanted to come, i mean it's a great chance just to explore (in this case) boston, because neither my mom or i have even set foot in the state of mass.  thus, even if i am going through the orientation activities, my mom can check out the law school and take in the local flavor.  also, i think it would be good for my mom to see what environment i am going into and giving me her opinions about the whole situation.  obviously, it's the admitted student's call and i have no problem with a parent coming along or not.
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

burp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 11:22:33 AM »
I have attended/will attend some admitted student days where they specifically ask you if you are bringing anyone. At the same time, schools like Hastings specifically say it's only for admitted students. Many prospective students bring their partners to the events because it's a decision that will affect the both of them. There should be no reason to say that partners can attend but not parents. The OP should just call up BC and ask for the school's policy.

manserunt

• Sr. Citizen
  • The princess on her throne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 07:21:35 PM »
I am no longer attending the NYLS admitted student day, but they told me I could definitely bring not only my parents, but also my boyfriend.  If they're all traveling hundreds, even thousands, of miles to hang out with and support me, I'm hardly leaving them at the hotel.
Attending: Fordham