Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Still waiting for Hastings - is there any chance?  (Read 1672 times)

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Still waiting for Hastings - is there any chance?
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:44:34 PM »
So I was rejected from Georgetown and UCLA last week, which leads me to believe my chances at NYU and Boalt are slim to none. I've gotten into USF and Loyola (LA) but really feel like I need to attend a top tier school. So that leaves me with Hastings. My last top tier application that I have a decent chance at. Except, I haven't heard from them yet? I'm still "under review". I sent a letter to them telling them I'm still interested and all that. Do you think I have a chance? Anyone in my boat??

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Still waiting for Hastings - is there any chance?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 01:46:30 PM »
With a 168, you should have a good shot. Hastings is supposedly slow this year anyway.

jziv2626

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 01:47:56 PM »
I'm in the same boat.  I'm pretty much set on Tulane unless i get into hastings.  But since my numbers aren't exactly what they're looking for, i'm confident that a rejection is coming soon.  Based on LSN, they still have plenty of apps to go though, so you never know.  good luck.

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 01:51:15 PM »
Thanks - I hope it is the case that they're just behind. It's just so late in the process. I hope they get some letters out before the end of the month, so I don't lose $$ is seat deposit fees.

jziv2626

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 01:53:11 PM »
if you had to pick between usf and loyola, which would it be?

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 02:02:10 PM »
I'm honestly really torn. I currently live in SF and like it here a lot, I'd prefer not to move and am not a huge fan of LA, but then Loyola is a higher ranked school. I love USF's campus and am not impressed by Loyola's. Also, USF offered me a scholarship and Loyola has not sent out scholarship letters yet. That could definitely change things. USF's scholarship is not renewable past the first year unless I end up in the top of my class...

jziv2626

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:14:21 PM »
Yeah, i would like to stay in CA for LS but narrowed the choices to usf, loyola, and tulane and tulane just felt like the right place.  I was hoping that i would like loyola so that i could have a high ranking and stay in ca, but i after visiting the campus i just couldn't see myself there for 3 years

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 02:19:03 PM »
Yeah, I'm really not into LA or the Loyola campus. I would have moved there for UCLA, but I'm not sure I want to for Loyola. I like urban settings, but like the feel of SF where everything is close together and you can take public transport anywhere you want to go within the city. You'd have to have a car at Loyola, get parking, and drive every day and that adds up to huge extra costs.

jziv2626

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 02:25:14 PM »
huge extra costs and the huge headache of dealing with LA traffic on a daily basis.  At tulane or USF i can live across the street from campus and not worry about any kind of commute

manserunt

• Sr. Citizen
  • The princess on her throne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 02:35:30 PM »
I'm also still waiting on Hastings... and UCLA, for that matter.  There are others in the boat.  I think it might be time to start rocking it.
Attending: Fordham