Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Albany's AAMPLE Program  (Read 806 times)

daveo20

• View Profile
    • Email
Albany's AAMPLE Program
« on: March 15, 2005, 03:31:04 AM »
Does anyone know exactly what the hell's going on with this? It's been two months since I was complete, and I still haven't gotten anything but that damn tease of a fincancial aid packet...

I know for a fact that they SHOULD offer me AAMPLE, b/c people with lower LSAT's than mine (150) are being offered it. If they offer it to me, I'm gonna do it. Only thing is that I know a deposit is due soon and as each day goes by, the more and more I think that they have made a tradional accept/reject/waitlist decision on me.

Does anyone know the exact date the deposit is due? Plus, when the actual online courses start? I mean what am I supposed to think? The longer I don't hear anything, should I feel like there's a better chance I've gotten accepted or waitlisted? Seems like if AAMPLE was in my future, I'd know about it by now, right? Maybe something will come by the end of the week, who knows...

Any feedback is appreciated.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: Albany's AAMPLE Program
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 07:34:10 AM »
Dave,

The first deposit for aample is the 20something of this month. The next deposit is early April. The orientation is on April 19th and 20th. Classes start the 21st.

What is your GPA, do you have any work experience, or a lot of extras? It seems that AAMPLE is for people with lower LSAT scores but higher undergrad GPAs, I know a few of us have masters degrees, we all have high GPA's in our masters. And of those that I know, most of us have awesome work experience, a few years in the real world. We have proven our success despite an LSAT score. I do not know if you fit that braket or not. If not, I would say you are probably slated for a regular decision. Good luck though! :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 08:14:19 AM »
Actually, the deposit is due by March 21, 2005.  Classes start on April 25th.

Sorry you haven't heard anything yet... 

daveo20

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 08:16:44 PM »
Thanks for the cold dose of reality guys...

My GPA is a 3.13, I'm a business economics major, and for everything you said on that list of qualifications, I checked "no". I'm a graduating senior who has no work experience in the field of law. So, looks like I'm slated for a rejection here soon...

Oh well, good luck in AAMPLE ya'll.

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 01:35:21 PM »
Thanks for the cold dose of reality guys...

My GPA is a 3.13, I'm a business economics major, and for everything you said on that list of qualifications, I checked "no". I'm a graduating senior who has no work experience in the field of law. So, looks like I'm slated for a rejection here soon...

Oh well, good luck in AAMPLE ya'll.

Don't feel bad.  I can't do the program this summer so maybe you'll get my spot.  Chin up little soldier.  :P