Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??  (Read 3997 times)

Hanna

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2005, 06:36:43 PM »
I got acceptances in late March and even April. I know people who were accepted off wait lists for Columbia and Yale close to Labor Day. It happens...

Rowgirl

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 353
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2005, 07:14:36 PM »
BU finally got around to getting me a decision, but it was a big fat no.  got it in the mail today
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

Ambs

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 796
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2005, 07:20:28 PM »
It's definitely not over. I think schools will send out regular acceptances through this month at least and possiblity into next month. After that there's always the  waitlists.

Abevigoda

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 1386
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2005, 07:23:35 PM »
It's definitely not over but I'm treating the whole process as if it is.  I sent my seat deposit for Catholic today and have only to hear from American (which is way highly unlikely for me).  If I hear from one of my five waitlists or my one defer, fine; if not, equally fine, I'm liking Catholic more and more I think about it.  East Coast, here I come.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

Ambs

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 796
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2005, 07:30:06 PM »
I wish I could treat it as over but the school I most want to go to (Hastings), based on realistic expectations, hasn't notified me yet.

Abevigoda

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 1386
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2005, 07:32:15 PM »
Hang in there.  You might have to send a "just in case" seat deposit to one of those safeties in the next couple weeks though.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

siehead

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 295
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2005, 07:33:20 PM »
I like this thread. This is the type of info I have been looking for. Unfortunately, there seems to be no consensus regarding the original poster's question. Is there nowhere I can go for some authority on this topic, why are the replies so varied?
Do we still have a decent shot or are we done for!!???
In the end, the best advice I have heard so far is to start feeling comfortable with the schools that you have been accepted to thus far. If something better happens to come your way then great, but at this point I think it is wise to stop holding your breath and begin the process of figuring out what to do with the options that are currently available to you. Of course, for many (myself included) this is easier said than done -but considering the anxiety-filled rollercoaster this process has been so far, I do not feel that there is much else we can do anymore and it is best to come to terms with that.
HTH.

Ambs

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 796
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2005, 07:36:14 PM »
Yeah if I still haven't heard in a week or so, I plan on calling my pending schools for any information they can give, and then making a deposit with one of the schools I have to choose from. I've already threw away enough money on this process, I suppose a few hundred more wouldn't kill me!

JulesSF

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 164
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2005, 07:38:59 PM »
Wow, I never really considered this, call me optimistic? delusional? I was always under the impression that no news is good news since they have to give your application that much more consideration...ie. contemplating the soft factors

...and here I've had my apps in since 12/01
166 / 3.5
He loves me: ATTENDING: GWU $$ (obvi)
He loves me not: NU, GULC, UVA, UCLA
He decides not to decide: U Mich (WL)
Preemptive dump: BC, UC Hastings, USC

siehead

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 295
    • View Profile
Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2005, 07:47:19 PM »
Wow, I never really considered this, call me optimistic? delusional? I was always under the impression that no news is good news since they have to give your application that much more consideration...ie. contemplating the soft factors

...and here I've had my apps in since 12/01

well Jules, I hope you are right, I really do. We also have similar numbers, similar acceptances and similar schools still pending, so I doubly hope you are right. I still have hope hidden away somewhere in the back of my mind, but I do have to start looking at GW in a different light if I am going to retain my sanity.,