Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If you haven't been rejected by Duke yet....  (Read 1196 times)

ybloc13

• View Profile
    • Email
If you haven't been rejected by Duke yet....
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:23:46 AM »
Hey,
  I applied to Duke with modest numbers (164, 3.71, non-URM).  I am shocked by the fact that I have yet to be rejected.  I do have some fairly compelling external cicumstances and obstacles overcome in my app, but still I don't see myself as having a snowball's chance in hell.  I applied on 12/31 and on LSN I see a number of people who have applied a while after me getting their rejections.  Doess this mean that they are looking more closely at the apps of thos ewho haven't gotten dinged yet or do they just have some kind of weird, random system?  Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks....-yb

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: If you haven't been rejected by Duke yet....
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:00:09 AM »
i dont know, duke says that they make most positive decisions by march 1st, but that does not in any way mean that everyone else will be rejected.  im sure there are still acceptances and waitlist spots to give out.

michaelduke

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 09:27:01 AM »
Hey,
  I applied to Duke with modest numbers (164, 3.71, non-URM).  I am shocked by the fact that I have yet to be rejected.  I do have some fairly compelling external cicumstances and obstacles overcome in my app, but still I don't see myself as having a snowball's chance in hell.  I applied on 12/31 and on LSN I see a number of people who have applied a while after me getting their rejections.  Doess this mean that they are looking more closely at the apps of thos ewho haven't gotten dinged yet or do they just have some kind of weird, random system?  Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks....-yb

They are still reviewing and making offers.  Hang in there.  I would not be surprised to see you on their wailt list. 

Doubledown Trent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 11:28:45 AM »
i was wondering the same thing since my gpa is lower than yours with the same lsat.  now that ive written this, though, im probably gonna have a letter waiting for me when i get home.
There are no stupid questions - just stupid people who ask questions.
Attending in the fall: GW

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 11:49:08 AM »
I'm right there with all of you, they surely aren't going to accept all of us. Why do they have to string us along like this?

brothernads

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 01:10:09 PM »
As of last Friday, Duke still had not made a decision on my file, and the email says they "will make every effort to get a decision to [me] by April 1st".

This week is Duke's spring break...combined with the 1st round of the NCAA tournament...I'd be surprised if any decisions are made! ;D

I applied EA, deferred in December.

qj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:08:51 PM »
If you have been waitlisted, you may not have received the letter yet.  It does come in a letter, not an email, just for reference.  Mine was dated the 11th and came yesterday so more may be arriving today and tomorrow.  Not to burst anyone's bubble but no one seems to have been accepted since March 3 and other than that only a couple of people on LSN has been accepted since 02/24.  Not to say you won't be waitlisted but I don't really see it as a good thing to get waitlisted.

DumbMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 03:37:34 PM »
Yeah they're still stringing me along. I just wish that they would send the rejection letter very very soon so that I it's official. I've given up hope already anyway, I would just like it to be official.

: (

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 09:39:37 AM »
I have very similar numbers and was rejected via USPS about two weeks ago.

amelliot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 03:23:02 PM »
Well I e-mailed Duke last night and received a reply that they would "make every effort to send me a decision by the END of April." wow, I've been complete since mid-november, the anticipation is killing me