Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC smells funny  (Read 1408 times)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNC smells funny
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 01:17:24 AM »
Well, I take it YOU wanted to go there.

It sucks to be rejected, but there is no need to be immature about it. Chapel Hill is really awesome, and if you had gotten in you would have loved it!

PS I don't think being out of state has anything to do with it. It does for undergrad, but I don't think for the law school.

I think being light heartedabout the entire situation is a pleasant change - not immature.

Thanks for the support.  I am just saying that I didn't get into UNC and if anyone had some good news about why--it would make my day just a "little brighter."  But overall, I am not "bitter" about being rejected, not one bit, I already got into a great school--BC, and I am soooo happy to go there.

I am just making a statement that UNC didn't accept me, and I was wondering why, because on LSN it seemed that I would have atleast had a "chance" or getting waitlisted.

I am sorry if people think I'm acting like I'm 4 years old. ...haha...but truthful if we can't take this law school application process with a sense of humor--we'd all be really un-fun lawyers.

thanks though everyone...but it's nice to know maybe (just maybe) there was more to it then having a low lsat that made me get rejcted from UNC.

-james
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2005, 03:15:40 AM »
Maybe it was your writing style.  You come off as immature.  Sorry if that is harsh, but that's the impression that I get.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 06:08:03 AM »

well i guess that's what occurs when i say the word "poo"

hahahah i better refrain from using that word when professors call on me.

-j
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005, 09:08:36 AM »
Who cares if he "sounded immature?"  He was rejected, and that stings. Plus, this is a message board.  He can curse the heavens if he wants, and I invite him to do so if it will get a little of the tension off his chest.

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 12:38:35 PM »
Sorry, I was just responding to the confusion over why he got rejected.  It probably wasn't because of numbers, like he said.  Obviously I don't know why.  I agree that if he were in state the chances of getting in would have been much greater, but the system is fair in my opinion.  Finally, by his own words, he didn't care if he got into UNC anyway, so it's not like I'm trying to kick him when he's down.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 04:31:59 PM »

haha you guys are great

thanks for all the support

and i'm happy with their decesion, it would have been bc>unc anyway (i feel...haha)

-j
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past