Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: American visit  (Read 891 times)

edworld

• View Profile
American visit
« on: March 14, 2005, 07:31:18 PM »
Does anyone know which of the hotels American lists are worth staying at?
Also, any tips for visiting? Where to stay, what to do. I know almost nothing about the area.
I will be driving there from NY.
Thank you.
Attending: American
Accepted: American, Northeastern (w/$8,500), Suffolk, Pepperdine, Southwestern
STILL Pending $%@#: USD, Loyola (LA)
Denied: Boston College, Boston University, Columbia, NYU
Waitlist: Cardozo, Temple

funny1x2

Re: American visit
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »
As one from DC, I can tell you that there aren't many hotels immediately by American. The closest one which I can think of, and granted, I could be wrong, are the Omni Shoreham on Calvert Street (maybe 5 miles south of the school). There are several hotels in Georgetown (the neighborhood, not the school), which is also about 5 miles from the school.

I'm sure that the visitor's centers on one of the school's websites should have more information.

Good luck!

edworld

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 08:04:46 PM »
Thank you! There are some hotels listed on the site, thanks for the Georgetown suggestion!

dartmouth05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 10:31:59 PM »
The Omni Shoreham isn't cheap, but as I recall (I lived down there for 3 months last year), it's the closest to American. Despite the cost, it's a really, really nice hotel. I stayed there for a few nights when they hosted a conference I was attending...

As one from DC, I can tell you that there aren't many hotels immediately by American. The closest one which I can think of, and granted, I could be wrong, are the Omni Shoreham on Calvert Street (maybe 5 miles south of the school). There are several hotels in Georgetown (the neighborhood, not the school), which is also about 5 miles from the school.

I'm sure that the visitor's centers on one of the school's websites should have more information.

Good luck!

Doubledown Trent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 11:31:03 AM »
theres an embassy suites in friendship heights.  it's one stop away on the metro, or, you could even walk to the school from there if the weather is nice (I've done it several times - about a 20 minute walk).
There are no stupid questions - just stupid people who ask questions.
Attending in the fall: GW

edworld

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 02:02:54 PM »
Does anyone know or recommend what to wear for sitting in on a class? American told me that I had to speak to the professor before the class...I was planning on wearing jeans, but now I'm contemplating wearing something less casual since I'm going to be speaking with the professor, and other people...I am an admitted student though...

Doubledown Trent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:34:04 PM »
i sat in on a class there and i wore jeans and a button down.  the atmosphere is pretty casual so i dont think you need to worry too much. 
There are no stupid questions - just stupid people who ask questions.
Attending in the fall: GW

Groovyju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 06:54:14 PM »
they told you u needed to spek with the professor? i'm visitng tomorrow and all he told me was that i had a half hour break between the tour and class.  When are you visiting?