Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Strange Catholic Mix-up  (Read 647 times)

Kait

• View Profile
Strange Catholic Mix-up
« on: March 14, 2005, 05:43:59 PM »
Last week I received my acceptance letter from Catholic. Today I came home to find another letter from Catholic in the mail. I opened it only to find that the letter itself was addressed to someone else!

Instead of being addressed to Kait Smith, it was addressed to "Different first name" Smith, whose address is states away from mine.

The letter congratulated her on her acceptance and said that, based on her credentials and personal accomplishments, CUA recognizes that she faces a challenging decision in selecting which law school to attend. It goes on to invite her to the Introduction to CUA 2-Day Program for admitted students and then some other open house opportunities later in April.

I frantically ran to retrieve my original acceptance letter to ensure that, yes, it was my name on the top of that one! Fortunately it was. I'm calling them tomorrow to let them know about the mixup, but now I'm curious. Do all students get this second letter or only ones who seem less inclined to choose Catholic bc of high numbers or something? Hmm...

sotsoj

• 2.34 GPA /166 LSAT
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Catholic Mix-up
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 05:52:51 PM »
I got both.
Going to George Mason
sotsoj on LSN

LaneSwerver

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 05:54:17 PM »
Do all students receive a second letter with someone else's name on it? That is an unusual policy, indeed.

Kait

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 05:56:27 PM »
Do all students receive a second letter with someone else's name on it? That is an unusual policy, indeed.
You're fun.  :D

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 06:55:13 PM »
I got the second letter also.  I am really surprised I didn't get any scholarship money from CUA.  Oh well, off to GW :).
Attending GW in Fall '06

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
EraPitt-
FWIW I was accepted to Catholic in December and I only JUST got a scholarship offer.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 08:56:25 PM »
Yeah, they said they mailed out the scholarship letters though.  I mean I don't care since I am definately not going there.  However, it just baffles me that I got into GW but didn't get a scholarship from catholic.  Meanwhile, ppl. with lower numbers than I got 18,500 bucks a year.
Attending GW in Fall '06