Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yooooo-Hooooo: DePaul folks?  (Read 1864 times)

KristenAnn

• Doin' the LS boogie...
    • View Profile
Yooooo-Hooooo: DePaul folks?
« on: March 14, 2005, 05:43:20 PM »
Ok, so it's me and Mr. Bad Example.  Don't tell me you DePaul people are going to sit quietly and force me to suffer his terrible jokes on my own.  Come out of the woodwork, future DePaul folks... and those of you still deciding (I count myself one of you still).

Carpe JDiem

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Yooooo-Hooooo: DePaul folks?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 02:09:04 PM »
Hey, I'm favoring DePaul right now.  Strangely enough, even though I lived in Chicagoland for 4 years I have never been to their law school downtown.  Is it nice?  Is the library nice?  I'll likely spend alot of time there.

I would like a little bit more money in order to seal the deal.  Not sure how to ask, but I guess I had better do it soon.

Thanks for any info, hopefully I'll see you in the fall.

One more thing, do you know if that new University Center housing complex downtown is full for next fall?  I think it is.

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 02:30:10 PM »
Yes, the University Center is full but I hear it is not that hard to get off the waitlist if you apply now.

The school doesn't have its own building but rather shares an old building downtown with other DePaul masters programs.  I was not that impressed, especially when comparing it to Kent and Loyola; but, if you're into IP the programs suppossed to be good.  Visit soon, they were very accomadating when I visited.

P.S. My spelling sucks.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

happycat

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 09:40:02 PM »
Hellooooo . . . .

MrBadExample

• Who's the baddest? Sho nuff!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TheCornerRock
    • View Profile
    • supercalafragalisticexpealidocious.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 02:08:21 PM »
Whoo-hoo Kristen.  Represent.

Anybody else?  There was plenty of chatter about DePaul earlier in the admission cycle.
DePaul Bound.
164 LSAT/2.8 GPA

Do not build much, for I intend to have you in ruins.                             -Rumi

ilsox7

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 02:50:57 PM »
I an planning to set up a visit week after next.  I should have a few more decisions by then.

mn1409

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 10:09:52 PM »
hello, I'm headed to Depaul

happycat

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 11:34:20 PM »
Ok, so it's me and Mr. Bad Example. Don't tell me you DePaul people are going to sit quietly and force me to suffer his terrible jokes on my own. Come out of the woodwork, future DePaul folks... and those of you still deciding (I count myself one of you still).

Are his jokes so bad? 

Does anyone predict much movement off the waitlist this year (specifically for DePaul)? 

pointdexterish

• Sr. Citizen
  • 95% there
    • View Profile
    • Juris Novus
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 02:07:59 PM »
UCC sucks.  Don't submit yourself to living there - get an apartment either in Lakeview or Lincoln Park and you will be MUCH happier.

KristenAnn

• Doin' the LS boogie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 03:52:07 PM »

Are his jokes so bad? 

Does anyone predict much movement off the waitlist this year (specifically for DePaul)? 

Yeah.  They are.  And he thinks he's so great. ;)  But I think I'm so great, too, so we tolerate each other.  I don't know anything about the waitlist, but I'd expect plenty of movement if I were going to guess... people generally are accepted to a few places and, invariably, turn all but one down. :)