Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any other future Pitt 1L's looking for a Roommate?  (Read 263 times)

SleepyGuyYawn

Any other future Pitt 1L's looking for a Roommate?
« on: March 14, 2005, 03:27:49 PM »
I've finally made up my mind that I'm going to Pitt.  And in searching for apartments (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette publishes hundreds of listings on Sundays) I was suprised to see dozens and dozens of great deals.  So, I'm thinking that I'd like to start looking for a roommate.  I could wait until summer, but I doubt I'll be able to beat a lot of these prices.

I currently live about a four hour drive from Pittsburgh.  Itís likely that Iíll not have a car next year, so I'd prefer to be within walking distance of shops, close to bus lines, and a fairly short bike-ride to the University.  Iím thinking Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, Bloomfield, Friendship, and possibly N. Oakland would be where Iíd look at living.  Price is important to me, but obviously only one of many factors Ė especially since I think Iíll be car-less.  Iíd be willing to share a house or apartment with one person, or more than one (obviously assuming Iíd have my own room).  I've shared apts w/ guys and girls so it doesn't really matter.

Iím without pets, but I donít mind them.  I donít smoke. 

And don't worry, I didn't vote for Bush  ;D

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
Re: Any other future Pitt 1L's looking for a Roommate?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 04:17:19 PM »
well, i'm not going to pitt, but you can get some killer deals on houses in shadyside if you have a few people.

i know a girl that just got her hands on a 3-bedroom, and she's paying $350/month (x3, obviously).  for what that area has to offer, that's a no-brainer.

as it stands now it's looking like i'll be at duquesne, though i'll have a car and i'm trying to get out of the city a little bit to avoid the 'distractions' i find myself so succeptible to ;)
post-3L

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 04:28:25 PM »
Fair enough. 

I'm not sure yet if I'll be sharing with one person, or a few.  Thanks for the offer though.  I might get in touch later about it.

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 04:37:30 PM »
sure thing, let me know.

she was looking for at least one more person at last notice.  could have changed by now, but if you're interested down the road i can put you two in touch.
post-3L

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 04:39:56 PM »
Thanks.  I actually might be interested. 

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 10:08:51 PM »
bump bump bumpity bump

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 08:48:02 PM »
I'm looking for a roomie (male or female...I've lived with both) too!  I have a room in my house in Carnegie.  If I don't sell it, I'm staying here (so will need a roomie for my house), and if I do sell it, I'll need a roomie for a house/apt in Shadyside/Squirrel Hill/Bloomfield/Lawerenceville..

Will all of you be at the open house?

No Bush for me either!

(see my posts under the school-specific boards for Pitt & Duquesne for a detailed description of my house)
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 11:45:09 PM »
lol lauralynne, i think i left a note on your lawschoolnumbers profile about nittany lions.

nice to see you floating around here ;)
post-3L