Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Admissions Office So Rude You Want To Withdraw?  (Read 2826 times)

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Admissions Office So Rude You Want To Withdraw?
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »
Are you in-state for NC?  Just go to Emory if NC doesn't take you--they're a better school anyway.

manserunt

• Sr. Citizen
  • The princess on her throne
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2005, 09:44:24 PM »
Once the adcomm told me that khakis weren't pants, they were what you start your car with, I decided not to accept my full ride at Harvard.  Rude a** yankees.

this comment seems to have been underappreciated.  i love it!

Never associate Bostonians with Yankees, even if technically they are...
Attending: Fordham

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2005, 09:52:36 PM »
Once the adcomm told me that khakis weren't pants, they were what you start your car with, I decided not to accept my full ride at Harvard.  Rude a** yankees.

Bostonians aren't good enough to be Yankees.

Speeedyyy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2005, 09:56:59 PM »
Harvard wins the cake for me. By FAR. I called their office the other day asking what was going on in a very polite manner, said how much I appreciated the opportunity etc, but I was wondering if a decision would be sent soon (not that I am expecting a positive response, but you never know) because I would soon have to make a seat deposit and it's been over two months. The lady with a thick British accent said "Soon." I then said, do you think I will know by April 7th b/c I am going to have to swallow a $500 seat deposit. She then let off a lound groan on the phone and got ruder. But, I kept on being Pollyanna (years of telemarketing has taught me how to sound nice no matter what) and she finally checked the computer. "Oh, that has been a while." was the response I got. Then a curt goodbye. Yes, it is Harvard, and yes they probably get a billion calls. But, what gives them the right to be jerks? All in all very not cool. This stands in stark contrast to Chicago's people who are so friendly. I even walked over there the other day and handed them some stuff (I'm on hold at Chicago). Is Harvard that important? Not very cool at all. Totally turns me off of the place (and gives me an excuse to say why I didn't go there once I get rehjected).

poirot

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2005, 12:32:21 AM »
That UNC story sounds awful.  At least, however, they told you where the admissions office was.  Not so at NYU.  When I went to visit, I was allowed only to the "admissions information desk", which is tucked into the corner of the lobby of one of the residence halls.  Here, I picked up my class list and "self-guided tour."  When I asked a very polite question about the status of my application, the woman at the desk was very nice--she simply picked up the phone, dialed "JD admissions," and handed me the receiver.  To add insult to injury, I asked if there was a place I could leave my bag, as I was up visiting from DC.  Nope, sorry, she said.  And what's really infuriating about this is that there *was* a place to leave my bag--at the coat room by the main entrance to the law school.  They were perfectly happy to take it from me.  How could the "admissions information" woman not know this obvious piece of information???  She acted as though the problem had never come up before.  Unbelievable!
Attending: Michigan
Waitlisted: NYU
Accepted: Georgetown, Penn, Northwestern, USC, BC, Fordham
Rejected: Harvard, Columbia, Berkeley, Texas, Stanford

Law School Numbers

manserunt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2005, 12:34:18 PM »

Bostonians aren't good enough to be Yankees.

WEll, at least Derek Jeter had lots of time to play golf while the Sox were actually winning.

prospect

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2005, 12:41:34 PM »
I hate coming to the defense of the Yankees, but how many rings does Jeter have in the last 90 yrs?  How many do the Sox have during the same time?

manserunt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2005, 01:10:41 PM »
I hate coming to the defense of the Yankees, but how many rings does Jeter have in the last 90 yrs?  How many do the Sox have during the same time?

Ah, but how many rings this millennium?

Just having fun, you guys.  I'm moving to New York, after all.   ;D