Law School Discussion

FSU/Hamline/Toledo

Re: FSU/Hamline/Toledo
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 11:03:33 AM »
all 3 are "regional" so go to Minny if you want to practice there.  it won't matter if it's a tier 2 or tier 4.  those rankings don't mean much unless you are in the t14 IMO.  if you want to work in north florida or tampa, then go to FSU.  my buddy is having problems with interviews in So Fla from FSU.  thats where i possibly want to be.

Damn,that puppy is cute. Is that a rottie mix?

The thing that really concerns me w/Hamline is the salary rate. 45k vs. 70k is a *big* difference, especially since I already have $ issues.

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 08:10:48 AM »
my opinion is salary is up to you.  if you work hard at FSU or Hamline, you'll get the money.  if you network well, you'll get the money.  just something i don't personally worry about is the median salary thing.  right now, i barely crack 30K so this is a step in the right direction for me. 

the dog is a mutt.  this was his baby picture.  we think he's a doberman/rott/beagle mix or something strange.  all i know is he has a personality that makes you want to love him one minute and beat his ass the next.  not that i'm abusive or anything.  he knows how to get under your skin.  but then he'll be the cutest dog ever.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 02:37:49 PM »
my opinion is salary is up to you.  if you work hard at FSU or Hamline, you'll get the money.  if you network well, you'll get the money.  just something i don't personally worry about is the median salary thing.  right now, i barely crack 30K so this is a step in the right direction for me. 

the dog is a mutt.  this was his baby picture.  we think he's a doberman/rott/beagle mix or something strange.  all i know is he has a personality that makes you want to love him one minute and beat his ass the next.  not that i'm abusive or nything.  he knows how to get under your skin.  but then he'll be the cutest dog ever.

The issue between tiers is generally Firm x will take the top 20% of resumes from a T2 school and the top 5% from a T4 school. I know if I work my butt off I'll be fine,but I'm not an optimistic sort. I like to plan for the worst.

I hear you about barely cracking 30k. I've spent too much time in the nonprofit industry.

And yes,that dog is up for cutest pup ever. I can't wait to get one of my own.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 03:04:02 PM »
  those rankings don't mean much unless you are in the t14 IMO. 

based on this, if I have no idea where I would like to practice, I should take a full ride at Hamline vs. 120k in debt at UNC?

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 07:05:57 PM »
I think you should go to Hamline....because I am on Hold at FSU. 

Seriously now, based on what I see, it seems like you're leaning toward Hamline and FSU.  You mentioned about not having a car (choose Hamline). You mentioned about maybe wanting to live in FL (choose FSU). You mention finance matters (choose Hamline). You mentioned about ranking (choose FSU).  You mentioned you *love* to practice in the twin cities (choose Hamline).  I think your visit should really help you to wheter you like Hamline or FSU.

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 08:13:09 PM »
Where are Hamline's salary statistics?  I'm worried about going to a school with a median salary lower than what I'm making pre-law school....

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 08:34:15 PM »
Where are Hamline's salary statistics?  I'm worried about going to a school with a median salary lower than what I'm making pre-law school....

Mid-range starting salary 40K - 70K. 

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 10:21:18 PM »

Mid-range starting salary 40K - 70K.

I mean, where did you find them?  Wondering if there's a more in-depth salary break-down somewhere.

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 10:31:30 PM »

I mean, where did you find them?  Wondering if there's a more in-depth salary break-down somewhere.

USNews Magazine.  How break down would you like it... sort by age and categorize by eye color? 

vegannramember

• going to fordham
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 10:35:25 PM »

USNews Magazine.  How break down would you like it... sort by age and categorize by eye color? 

feminine hygiene product