Law School Discussion

NYU (and Michigan WL)

NYU (and Michigan WL)
« on: March 14, 2005, 06:05:51 AM »
In at NYU, 9x12 manila envelope, last Friday. Apparently a batch of these went out. No financial aid or scholarship info included.

Also waitlisted at Michigan on Friday via email (along with it seems like 1000 other people). Withdrew application today. This would have bothered me if I hadn't gotten in at the #5 school in the country about an hour beforehand.

I've mostly moved my posting and reading over to xoxo, but I wanted to specifically update those of you that followed my over/under thread last month. so far I'm 3/8, with a waitlist. If we count a waitlist as a ding, I need to get into 2 of HYS,Chicago in order to hit the consensus over/under of 4.5.

If a waitlist is .5, I just need one of them.

Personally, I'd take an exploding offer from any of those four and forget the over/under. I'm sticking with the over, though it now looks bleaker.

Re: NYU (and Michigan WL)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:27:53 PM »
can you get into the admitted students site?

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 02:38:02 PM »
Congrats on NYU!  I'm not holding my breathe for an admit from them, but I'm glad to see another Hoya get some love. 

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 03:47:30 PM »
can you get into the admitted students site?

Yes, I was, though I don't recall any mention of it in the letter.

Congrats on NYU!  I'm not holding my breathe for an admit from them, but I'm glad to see another Hoya get some love. 

It seems like they sent out a round of admits on friday, so if you didn't get one, it does unfortunately sound like you've been waitlisted, dinged, or held for a while. Is it a top choice for you?

Also, have you heard financial aid info from anyone yet?

Good luck...

dreamer1

• CLS '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 04:32:41 PM »
Actually, don't lose hope Tousled Pigtails. NYU gave out acceptance letters up until the end of March last year and this year they should have slightly more apps. I think waiting til April is actually possible. I am waiting. definitely waiting.

lsatposter

• Northwestern '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »
C'mon NYU. I'm a long shot but I'm still holding out hope that my soft stuff gives me a bit of a boost. Is there anything wrong with using their admitted students website to check status?

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 07:07:25 PM »
I don't think it's a crime.  I check it, but I can't log in.  I have heard that for some people it takes a few days and for others they can get in before they get the letter.  There was some talk about not doing this in reference to the Harvard Business hackers, but here the log in instructions are pretty clearly up on the site (which requires no additional passwords) so I don't really think it's "hacking."

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 07:55:12 AM »
No more hope, got the rejection letter last night.  A very deserved rejection letter as my stats are no where near their numbers.  I've pretty much given up hope on all my other outstanding schools as well.

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 08:03:03 AM »
sorry about the rejection

was it snail mail?

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 08:52:57 AM »
Yes thin white envelope.  Letter dated March 9, postmarked March 12, arrived in DC March 16.