Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What schools are underrated by US News?  (Read 100398 times)

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Re: What schools are underrated by US News?
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2007, 03:37:55 PM »

Oh my beloved home state. On the plus side, we are the wealthiest or second wealthiest state in the union in any given year.

TITCAR

Pennsylvania is, outside of Philadelphia, the WORST state on the East Coast... there is NOTHING there. Same goes for New York.. the parts that aren't on an island are pretty much dead.

NJ is 100% metropolitan and exciting.

also... any dumping that might happen, probably happens in Bergen county anyway... they're pretty trashy up there.
VIP.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2007, 03:57:30 PM »
yeah, it probably doesnt help that a lot of people in CT/NJ have summer homes in NJ/CT...

I have no qualm with those Connecticuttians (Connecticutters?... Tony Danzites? What do you prefer) who appreciate the glory of the Jersey Shore.
VIP.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »
yeah, it probably doesnt help that a lot of people in CT/NJ have summer homes in NJ/CT...

I have no qualm with those Connecticuttians (Connecticutters?... Tony Danzites? What do you prefer) who appreciate the glory of the Jersey Shore.

Wasps seems to work quite well.

Wikipedia says "nutmeggers" and "yankees" are the correct terms, though Connecticuttians works for me.

Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2007, 04:59:16 PM »
Yeah we probably do swap a lot...considering we both have our dumps like Bridgeport or Newark, but then a lot of really rich places...and we don't have as many as New York does (though if you combined LI, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange, and Dutchess counties into a seperate state we'd have some tough competition).

Also I've heard that Bergen, Morris, and Somerset were also the richest counties in the country.

Where I live was rated #3 best place to live by Money Magazine and my town is supposedly one of the "hottest" on the East Coast but I'd have to disagree...

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2007, 11:27:53 PM »
Number of counties by state in the top 100: Colorado 10, Virginia 10, New Jersey 9, California 7, Florida 6, New York 6, Georgia 4, Maryland 4, Minnesota 4, Connecticut 3, Massachusetts 3, Michigan 3, Pennsylvania 3, Texas 3, Illinois 2, North Carolina 2, Ohio 2, Rhode Island 2, Washington 2, Wisconsin 2, Alaska 1, Alabama 1, District of Columbia 1, Indiana 1, Kansas 1, Missouri 1, Nevada 1, New Hampshire 1, New Mexico 1, Tennessee 1, Utah 1, Wyoming 1. Nineteen states do not have any counties in the top 100.

Bergen county is overrated, IMHO... but... according to Wikipedia:

BY PER CAPITA INCOME
Rank     County
5           Fairfield Cty, CT
7           Somerset Cty, NJ
10         Morris Cty, NJ
13         Hunterdon Cty, NJ
21         Bergen Cty, NJ
42         Monmouth Cty, NJ
68         Litchfield Cty, CT
70         Middlesex Cty, CT
80         Mercer Cty, NJ
92         Sussex Cty, NJ
93         Union Cty, NJ
100       Middlesex Cty, NJ

There was a similar result for Median Household Income...

As far as the states in general, CT has a higher Per Capita income than NJ and NJ has the higher Median Household Income (more soccer moms?). They are #1 and #2 in both categories...

My point: NY and Pennsylvania suck balls, and their residents only rip on NJ because they wish they could be us. Werd. Especially New Yorkers (even though I love me some NY sports).
VIP.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2007, 11:56:38 PM »
YAY FAIRFIELD COUNTY!!!!!

Thats where I'm from ... I live in the same town as Keith Richards... figure it out if you must...

Here's hoping I'll be able to afford to move back :)
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 27, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »
Monmouth clocks in at 42...not too shabby

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 27, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »
Yeah we probably do swap a lot...considering we both have our dumps like Bridgeport or Newark, but then a lot of really rich places...and we don't have as many as New York does (though if you combined LI, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange, and Dutchess counties into a seperate state we'd have some tough competition).

Also I've heard that Bergen, Morris, and Somerset were also the richest counties in the country.

Where I live was rated #3 best place to live by Money Magazine and my town is supposedly one of the "hottest" on the East Coast but I'd have to disagree...

My parents are richer than your parents! LL Bean rocks!

NO WAY DUDE. My parents are way richer!! And Brooks Brothers rocks way harder than LL Bean!

Man, being upper-middle class is awesome.

Totally! Lets pound some Zima to celebrate.
Air Force JAG Corps

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 27, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »

NO WAY DUDE. My parents are way richer!! And Brooks Brothers rocks way harder than LL Bean!

I prefer to think of myself as lower-upper class, thank you.

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 27, 2007, 04:04:50 PM »

Actually, I'll take a Corona. No lime though, it's cliche.