Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What schools are underrated by US News?  (Read 97427 times)

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What schools are underrated by US News?
« Reply #310 on: April 25, 2007, 02:18:48 PM »
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »
Isn't nearly all of the Chicago lakefront essentially built on a landfill?
Air Force JAG Corps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2007, 08:22:17 PM »
Are you serious? I don't what you know about NJ or Rutgers but you're seriously mistaken

No, TTT was right.  The entire state of NJ is one giant landfill.  At this point they don't even try to cover up the garbage.  Fact: NJ has more toxic waste dump sites than any other state (including NV). 

lovethelaw2010

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2007, 09:32:21 PM »
Villanova's underrated I think?  I'm biased though because the reason I think that is that I'm going there.

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »
Are you serious? I don't what you know about NJ or Rutgers but you're seriously mistaken

No, TTT was right.  The entire state of NJ is one giant landfill.  At this point they don't even try to cover up the garbage.  Fact: NJ has more toxic waste dump sites than any other state (including NV). 

When you study the Dormant Commerce Clause in your 1L Con Law class, you may end up reading City of Philadelphia v. New Jersey, 437 U.S. 617 (1978). The case is basically about New Jersey being so full of garbage that the state legislature passed a statute banning any garbage coming in from out of state. Penn and NY sued b/c they liked dumping their garbage in New Jersey instead of their own landfills.

Jersey lost.
Air Force JAG Corps

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »

When you study the Dormant Commerce Clause in your 1L Con Law class, you may end up reading City of Philadelphia v. New Jersey, 437 U.S. 617 (1978). The case is basically about New Jersey being so full of garbage that the state legislature passed a statute banning any garbage coming in from out of state. Penn and NY sued b/c they liked dumping their garbage in New Jersey instead of their own landfills.

Jersey lost.

Oh my beloved home state. On the plus side, we are the wealthiest or second wealthiest state in the union in any given year.

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2007, 11:06:41 PM »
We have the highest median income of any state, the highest percentage of HS students going onto college, and the highest percentage of people with higher education.

And we don't have to pump our own gas.

I'll take my landfill, thanks.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2007, 01:05:45 PM »
We have the highest median income of any state, the highest percentage of HS students going onto college, and the highest percentage of people with higher education.

Are you talking about new jersey? Cuz CT def has the highest per capita income, and median family income. Fairfield county is the richest county in the country, even with bridgeport which is a ridiculously poor city (in the top ten) - though it is also the county with the most HS drinking...
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010

Boyce Baylor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2007, 01:52:54 PM »

Are you talking about new jersey? Cuz CT def has the highest per capita income, and median family income. Fairfield county is the richest county in the country, even with bridgeport which is a ridiculously poor city (in the top ten) - though it is also the county with the most HS drinking...

We have swapped places for those honors several times, hence my caveat.

Ravynous Elegance

• Sr. Citizen
  • aw the baby bunt! too bad he got big.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »

We have swapped places for those honors several times, hence my caveat.

yeah, it probably doesnt help that a lot of people in CT/NJ have summer homes in NJ/CT...
Vanderbilt University School of Law 2010