Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sunday night, the calm before the storm (I hope)...part II  (Read 4456 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Sunday night, the calm before the storm (I hope)...
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 10:46:56 PM »
tex,

ya know that Texas Tech is the only acceptance that really matters haha! I'm going to be Bobby Knight's biggest fan out there!

Tech Law is the school to be in if ya want to practice law in TX!!!

Wreck'em Raiders!

For Pete's sake, go throw some tortillas.

Last Monday I received four decisions...let's hope the same happens tomorrow.

where2g0

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2005, 11:20:28 PM »
Good luck ya'll.  I have all my decisions, but still need to make my decision!  Its going to be Baylor, Houston, or Oklahoma.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 11:37:02 PM »
This is my big week as well.  I hope to hear from some people at least.  I only have one place to choose from so far!  I am sure my roommate is going nuts, i run out to the mailbox everyday just after the mailman leaves.  Good luck to everyone!

sma187

• AOL Instant Messenger - Brewsky007
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 11:42:23 PM »
This is my last set of Finals this week, and I am supposed to hear back from like 5 schools, and I leave for Spring Break on Friday. This could be the best or worst week of the past few years for me. Excepting of course for that week in Cancun. I mean who would have thought a stripper and chimp could do that to each other for 20 pesos?
167/2.93 from Northwestern BA Economics

In: Cinci($), Kentucky($$), WUStL, Tulane, Ohio State
Pending: 12
Rejected:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sma187

NothingSpecial

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 11:47:10 PM »
It's so good to know that I'm not the only one who stalks the mail person...My mail use to come by 11am, now I have to wait till noon, anything later than that I'm freaking out... I wonder what my neighbors think when this 30ish guy runs to the mailbox so religiously...

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2005, 11:51:19 PM »
Two of my schools are supposed to release decisions this week, and another is supposed to release decisions on $$$. Could be a very nice week, or not.

Anyway here's to another week of stalking the postwoman, cursing the online status checks, and praying for some form of deliverance!!!

I am becoming neurotic by the hour.  I really hope this week will be a big step toward closure in the law school admissions process. 

By the power of greyskull I hope you are right... I've yet to receive a decision from any of the schools I applied too. Granted it was Jan, but this waiting the worst. To make things worse (or better?) I'm going to be out of town starting Tuesday (going north for spring break to NYC). Hopefully I'll have some good news to share with you guys when I get back!

I hope this week eases our suffering a wee.

wongsb

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2005, 11:54:47 PM »
It's so good to know that I'm not the only one who stalks the mail person...My mail use to come by 11am, now I have to wait till noon, anything later than that I'm freaking out... I wonder what my neighbors think when this 30ish guy runs to the mailbox so religiously...

I'm growing really crazy and very close to stalking my neighbors, as a matter of fact.  Just yesterday I received a fistful of mail for my nextdoor neighbor who has the same surname.  Were it not for some small vestige of dignity, I would have paid a visit nextdoor to her and all the occupants on my floor to see if anyone by accident has received any correspondence addressed to ME!  

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2005, 12:51:22 AM »
Houston has been pretty true to their word regarding timelines. They told me I'd know about financial aid last week. By Friday I hadn't heard anything. Saturday, they sent me an email with my scholarship award. All this to say, you'll probably be hearing from Houston this week.

I don't know why I'm still on this board . . . I've made my decision. . . must tear myself . . . AWAY!

You and I are in the same boat!!

What schools are you waiting on?

Houston and Baylor are supposed to issue decisions "mid march".
St. Mary's is supposed to have some $ decisions this week.

Also waiting on UT (no timetable given) and Texas Tech (sometime this month)

jax327

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2005, 05:57:19 PM »
Two of my schools are supposed to release decisions this week, and another is supposed to release decisions on $$$. Could be a very nice week, or not.

Anyway here's to another week of stalking the postwoman, cursing the online status checks, and praying for some form of deliverance!!!

I am becoming neurotic by the hour.  I really hope this week will be a big step toward closure in the law school admissions process. 

You'll be fine!!  Just think, by mid-April you'll probably know exactly where you are going.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2005, 06:13:52 PM »
i will shart if i get good news this week.  heck, any news would suffice.  as long as it's not bad.  in which case, no rejections please USPS.  thanks!
FIU Class of 2009