Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dinged @ Duke  (Read 925 times)

AtticusFinch

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - randrewfree@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dinged @ Duke
« on: March 13, 2005, 08:48:56 PM »
Neither surprising nor all that disappointing given my #'s.  First decision, though; and by definition, a limiting of options.

My index # was 3.3 because of low cum GPA, so I'm guessing the addendum in which I explained the difference between a 1.78 straight outta h.s.at school 1 and a 3.89 four years later at school 2 fell on deaf ears.  HTH

AF

michaelduke

Re: Dinged @ Duke
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 10:11:49 PM »
Neither surprising nor all that disappointing given my #'s.  First decision, though; and by definition, a limiting of options.

My index # was 3.3 because of low cum GPA, so I'm guessing the addendum in which I explained the difference between a 1.78 straight outta h.s.at school 1 and a 3.89 four years later at school 2 fell on deaf ears.  HTH

AF

I am sorry to hear this. 

ccorsi

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 11:09:02 PM »
That is what you get for applying to that Ivy League wannabe hick school.

They did you a favor.

C2

NothingSpecial

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 02:30:19 PM »
Got the letter today, dated March 10.  Not a surprize here either, but F-em, I didn't want to live in North Carolina anyway.

Nalgene

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 02:49:11 PM »
Got the letter today, dated March 10. Not a surprize here either, but F-em, I didn't want to live in North Carolina anyway.

If you didn't want to live there, then why did you apply in the first place? It's so funny that people on this board will praise a school, but once they get a rejection letter it's like, oh well screw them, I didn't want to go there anyway. Hilarious stuff.

GoHuskies05

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 02:52:54 PM »
Got the letter today, dated March 10. Not a surprize here either, but F-em, I didn't want to live in North Carolina anyway.

If you didn't want to live there, then why did you apply in the first place? It's so funny that people on this board will praise a school, but once they get a rejection letter it's like, oh well screw them, I didn't want to go there anyway. Hilarious stuff.

I totally agree, and this is supposed to be the nice board.  Take a look at what's happening on the University of Washington thread.  Everyone is all mad at U-dub for rejecting people with sub 160 LSAT's. 

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 03:06:30 PM »
I think that for the most part when people say that they did not want to go to a school to begin with, they are trying to be humorous, trying to bring some levity into an oftentimes depressing situation. It is obvious to them and most who read their post that there was a definite possibility that they would have matriculated once having been accepted.

As for me...

Fck New Haven
Palo Alto is a bunch of ball sucking snobs
Anne-Arbor! Hah, who would consider moving there!
Only loser hippis live in Berkeley.
Phili is just a wannabe NY
And Chicago is cold as hell.

NothingSpecial

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 05:18:49 PM »
Word up man. Love it.

And to all you haters, I never said I didn't want to go there, I just didn't really want to live in NC, if any top 10 takes my sorry ass - hell yeah I'll go.

"And I'll add a Mother F*cker, so ign'ant LSDers hear me."

I think that for the most part when people say that they did not want to go to a school to begin with, they are trying to be humorous, trying to bring some levity into an oftentimes depressing situation. It is obvious to them and most who read their post that there was a definite possibility that they would have matriculated once having been accepted.

As for me...

Fck New Haven
Palo Alto is a bunch of ball sucking snobs
Anne-Arbor! Hah, who would consider moving there!
Only loser hippis live in Berkeley.
Phili is just a wannabe NY
And Chicago is cold as hell.