Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What % of the applicant pool does LSN represent?  (Read 331 times)

hocuspocus

• View Profile
What % of the applicant pool does LSN represent?
« on: March 13, 2005, 02:30:04 PM »
What percentage of the applicant pool do people on LSN represent, particularly at "T14" schools?  (i.e. if 100 people have been accepted to a given school on LSN, approximately how many have been accepted total?)

My own guess is somewhere around 25%, depending on the school.  The better the school, the higher the percentage because LSN is clearly a non-representative/skewed upward sample of law school applicants.

EDIT: A better question to ask is what % of the applicant pool considering the upward skew ... or what percentage of actual spots are LSN people taking.  That is clearly higher than 10% and probably closer to 25% -- I guess that's what I'm really asking.

ilsox7

Re: What % of the applicant pool does LSN represent?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 02:58:37 PM »
Most schools on LSN have about 10% of the applicant pool for the particular school.  Simply look at how many LSN entries there are and compare to historical application numbers on USNEWS.

EDIT: 10% is generally the most I have found.  Most schools I have looked at are between 5 and 10% of the applicant pool on LSN, if all of the LSN entries are legit, which is doubtful.