Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: someone calm my shattered nerves!!!!  (Read 5705 times)

TBoneUCLA

Re: someone calm my shattered nerves!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2005, 08:52:45 PM »

dear god you're going to be fine!  take a couple breaths, do some yoga or something, and it'll all fall into place. i'm a big believer of "everything happens for a reason" and until you find that reason feel free to huff and puff and throw tantrums--because then those are also "encompassed" in the everything blah blah reason.  Feel free to let off some steam.

you applied to a lot of really amazing schools and i'm sure you'll get into one that you'll be more than happy with.  i also feel like i'm the same boat a little, i applied really late in the game, i was just being dumb my fall quarter, i sent out all my applications on xmas day, in hopes that they would want to grant me some sort of xmas present...or something, anyway, obviously it did not work...i hate the "i wish i applied earlier" thing, kuz it's like "well, i didn't so POOO" but anyway, just wanted to say chin up.

and if law school isn't the way for you, i hear there's a lot of money in "personal male entertainers" these days.. haha, take that with a grain of salt (the money part, not the career advice.)

anyway, my lsat is way lower than yours--i'm in the "is he capable of reading at a 5th grade leve" precentile.  But I'm still holding out with some hope.  Otherwise I am still STOKED to go to BC.

alright, hoped this helped some way or the other--adding to the karma wheel of the world.

was i just told "cheer up, if law schools hates you you can always be a 'ho"???? ???

i dont wanna be a 'ho though! :-[

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2005, 09:01:52 PM »

i'm precious.

;D
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2005, 09:09:54 PM »

i'm precious.

;D

you are the cattiest gay man i have never met

*kisses :-*

towanda03

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it goes...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ilackoriginality
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2005, 09:14:46 PM »
TBone, after I read your PS I remember thinking that if work-experience and writing abilities made a difference for anyone with "borderline" numbers, that it should be you.  I really thought that you would hit at one of your reach schools--I'm sorry that things didn't work out.  I can't imagine that you wouldn't get into Hastings, but clearly I'm not very good at predicting.  So, instead, I'll perpetuate the platitudes with, "keep your chin up."    

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2005, 09:26:07 PM »
was i just told "cheer up, if law schools hates you you can always be a 'ho"???? ???

maybe snuvy was just saying you're cute ;)

I look at all these people with 166's and 167's getting into better schools with much more ease than myself. It does not seem fair to me, but I never expected it to be very fair to begin with.

what i was told when i was consistently scoring 174 and fully expecting to get that on the real day: "everyone scores 3-4 points below their last diag score."  i didn't believe the girl who told me that (because what would that mean for the people who score 177+ on the real thing?), but i scored 3-4 points below my average and 3 points below my last score.  so maybe those people with 166s and 167s were scoring higher too.  it really does seem to be the case with most test takers that they score a few points below their average.  does that make you feel any better at all?
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2005, 09:39:15 PM »

I look at all these people with 166's and 167's getting into better schools with much more ease than myself. It does not seem fair to me, but I never expected it to be very fair to begin with.

what i was told when i was consistently scoring 174 and fully expecting to get that on the real day: "everyone scores 3-4 points below their last diag score."  i didn't believe the girl who told me that (because what would that mean for the people who score 177+ on the real thing?), but i scored 3-4 points below my average and 3 points below my last score.  so maybe those people with 166s and 167s were scoring higher too.  it really does seem to be the case with most test takers that they score a few points below their average.  does that make you feel any better at all?
i

i have heard that too, but is there tests on that info, or is it just " i knew a guy who knew a guy who says that is always true"

it technically shouldnt be true. a timed test is a timed test, right? and for myself personally i was 6 points lower than my average, so i dont think i qualify ( i know that part of the post was for someone else. just sayin)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2005, 10:13:18 PM »

i can add my unofficial point drops too:

practice tests (in order taken over the span of a test masters course):

150, 158, 163, 165, 167, 161, and 164

end result: a dissapointing 160.

i knew i shouldn't have guessed my way through reading comprehension and prayed for a miracle.

i sooooooooooooooo am.

::)
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

Speeedyyy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »
And then there are the poor people like me who study and get basically the same score on the real thing as their practice tests. Sigh. I can't say "I should have gotten into Harvard because if I hadn't done so bad I would have an AWESOME LSAT." I don't really belong there anyways. But, I believe true ability does shine through despite your LSAT score in the end. Hey, I got held at Chicago. We'll see how that turns out. I'm not an URM and my LSAT score is WAY below their 25%ile. I've also got buckets of money thrown at me by Tier 1 schools (including one full ride) for which "by the LSAT" I am an only average student. I've worked my tush off to be the best of the best at what I do in college, and that has paid off in more than one way. The other thing I did is I only applied to schools that I would be happy to attend (a very good piece of advice), so not matter what the outcome I will feel like I accomplished something great and be thrilled with the Law School I go to. Also, just a remined...LAW SCHOOL RANKINGS ARE BS! Yes, there are better and worse schools...but there are also better and worse schools for you. Yale is a great place, but I would (and I don't have this choice at all, so don't get jealous ;D) go to Michigan over it because I am doing stuff related to Middle Eastern and Islamic Law. I'd get NOWHERE in the career world that I want to be in with a degree from Yale, but I would be totally set from the "lower ranked" Michigan. This is also why the University of Arizona is my top choice at the moment, even thought I got into "higher" ranked Law Schools. So to everyone out there worrying, take a deep breath and remember that you ARE Special!

P.S. Yes, I know I sound like f@!!(*g Pollyanna.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2005, 10:17:55 PM »
i have heard that too, but is there tests on that info, or is it just " i knew a guy who knew a guy who says that is always true"

it technically shouldnt be true. a timed test is a timed test, right? and for myself personally i was 6 points lower than my average, so i dont think i qualify ( i know that part of the post was for someone else. just sayin)

but a timed diagnostic is not the same as a timed test that counts.  did you ever feel nervous during your practice tests?  did you during the real thing?  your nerves and the pressure you put on yourself play a big part.

and my "seems to be true" is totally unscientific, based on LSD polls and my own limited observation.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Speeedyyy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2005, 10:21:29 PM »
EEk! That wasn't ment as an insult to you Pookie! Sorry! I hope you know what I mean. This little Iranian boy here put his throat down his foot.