Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: someone calm my shattered nerves!!!!  (Read 5377 times)

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: someone calm my shattered nerves!!!!
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2005, 11:19:04 AM »
Not good enough of an answer for me. I don't speak any farsi, and even if I were fluent (like my mom) it still would have been glaringly obvious that we weren't from there. They really are not as bad to americans as one might assume. Actually, most other countries do a pretty decent job of seperating the american people from the american government, and do not hold any grudges. In reality the most outspoken people you will meet will be anti-iranian, pro-bush believe it or not. You have a perfect opportunity to get this done now before things get any worse over there and before you begin life as a yaley. Take your boyfriend, I am sure he would love it.
Of course, it might not be that easy for you for one reason or another, but I hope you do go, there is no way you would regret it.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2005, 05:40:19 PM »
i definitely can't go before law school.  i do want to go with my boyfriend and might actually go with him and his dad.  he's not going to have the vacation time for it, though, because we're taking off a week to visit yale, then he'll probably take another week off in august when i move to new haven.  the rest of his vacation time will be used on a convention he attends every year and on visits to see ME!  :)

maybe summer after 1L?
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2005, 05:17:36 PM »
Don't count on getting much done other than internships during your summer after 1L. But actually, you could make it happen if you really wanted to, just take a couple of weeks off sometime, who knows, that's a long ways away.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2005, 06:47:34 PM »
i figure summer is 12 weeks long, and summer associate jobs are 10 weeks long.  so that's 2 weeks at the end of the summer to take a trip.  might not be long enough for iran, but i'm definitely going *somewhere*.  i get really antsy if i don't travel, and during UG, i got accustomed to leaving the country every 6 months.  my year off messed that up because i don't have enough vacation time (i was saving it up for LS visits, though now that i only have one school visit, i'm going to cash out the rest), but i plan on re-adopting the travel schedule once i'm a student again.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2005, 12:45:55 PM »
been out of town, visiting sf. But, 2 weeks is enough time to visit Iran. I went for a month and honostly, there was too much down time. Also, if you are going to visit in the summer, you don't want to be there more than two weeks. Just make sure it is an action-packed two weeks. I know what you mean about traveling, got the same bug, actually I went to SF this weekend just to get out of LA and visit some friends, and also to take my mind off of this whole process that I am obsessing over. Unfortunately my return was welcomed with a preferred waitlist at GULC and a reserve spot at Columbia, maybe when I visit the Yucatan at the end of this month my return home will bring more inviting news...