Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: someone calm my shattered nerves!!!!  (Read 5863 times)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: someone calm my shattered nerves!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 10:33:47 PM »

screw all that happy rainbow muffin unicorn flower chin up *&^%.

i just got rejected from unc.

>:(
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

Speeedyyy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 10:36:45 PM »
Holy *&^%! With your GPA you are bound to get in somewhere good. I PROMISE! You will be somewhere great, and then you can do what I am going to do to U Washington and write a Dear So-So Law School, thank you for rejecting me because I am going somewhere better. HA! Seriously, don't let it get you down!

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 10:47:11 PM »
Holy sh*t! With your GPA you are bound to get in somewhere good. I PROMISE! You will be somewhere great, and then you can do what I am going to do to U Washington and write a Dear So-So Law School, thank you for rejecting me because I am going somewhere better. HA! Seriously, don't let it get you down!

thanks for the "happy words" but we all know law schools are huge lsat whores and i was only able to deliver on half the deal.  hahaha..i would love the opportunity to write a "dear so so law school obviously you're dumb and i hate you and you should cry to your mommy because i got into so and so law school that i love and they love me and there's no love for you"....but does this mean we should also write "thank you so-so law school for your accpetance, you made a very smart choice, and i am terribly honored, but because i am afraid of (nonsensical fear here), and thus, i can't attend your law school." ---> this way we don't hurt their feelings!  i'm so considerate.

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 11:24:01 PM »
was i just told "cheer up, if law schools hates you you can always be a 'ho"???? ???

maybe snuvy was just saying you're cute ;)

I look at all these people with 166's and 167's getting into better schools with much more ease than myself. It does not seem fair to me, but I never expected it to be very fair to begin with.

what i was told when i was consistently scoring 174 and fully expecting to get that on the real day: "everyone scores 3-4 points below their last diag score." i didn't believe the girl who told me that (because what would that mean for the people who score 177+ on the real thing?), but i scored 3-4 points below my average and 3 points below my last score. so maybe those people with 166s and 167s were scoring higher too. it really does seem to be the case with most test takers that they score a few points below their average. does that make you feel any better at all?

Well, I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, but I do not think that this is accurate at all. I know many people who scored better than they had on any practice LSAT, and many people who scored right in their average practice LSAT score, as well as many who scored below their average. It really must depend on the person and the circumstance. Anyway, as I was saying before, the point is not to sit and whine about it, I am not making any excuses for myself and that is not how I wanted to come off. I also do not blame law schools for using lsat scores because I know that it is the best criteria they have available to them considering their limited resources. I just wanted to offer a bit of support to T-Bone because I know that things don't always work out in one's favor. I have chosen to play the cards that I have been dealt, and I encourage others to do the same. In the end, C'est la vie.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 11:32:46 PM »

what i was told when i was consistently scoring 174 and fully expecting to get that on the real day: "everyone scores 3-4 points below their last diag score." i didn't believe the girl who told me that (because what would that mean for the people who score 177+ on the real thing?), but i scored 3-4 points below my average and 3 points below my last score. so maybe those people with 166s and 167s were scoring higher too. it really does seem to be the case with most test takers that they score a few points below their average. does that make you feel any better at all?

This is oh-so-true. Something just happens the day of the test. I can't explain it. It's almost as if the full realization hits you full force at that moment. Or something. All I know is that I have never, ever been so freaked out on a test like I was on the LSAT. Even for tests that were 90% of my grade in college. The day before the real exam I took a practice test I'd never seen before and get a 174; the day of the test, a disappointing (relatively) 166. A friend of mine maxed out at 168, and got a 170 the day of.

Stupid LSAT.

NothingSpecial

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2005, 01:17:18 AM »
TBone, so you workd for Tommy Hill?  Once I lived in Elmira, where he's from, then once I hooked with this model (he wasn't that good looking in real life, but his pictures were great), and then I watched "Rich Girls" on MTV with Lauren, so I feel this really strong connection to him...He's Q and H right? Even though he's married?

Hope this stupid post brings a smile to your face. 

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2005, 02:20:53 AM »
TBone, so you workd for Tommy Hill?  Once I lived in Elmira, where he's from, then once I hooked with this model (he wasn't that good looking in real life, but his pictures were great), and then I watched "Rich Girls" on MTV with Lauren, so I feel this really strong connection to him...He's Q and H right? Even though he's married?

Hope this stupid post brings a smile to your face. 

yes, he is from elmira. very good. i have met him and crap, in new york.....got to dress the hiltons for some event once. that was cool. you hooked up with jason shaw? i have met him too....if that is who you are talking about he is prettier in pictures...

and no, he is NOT gay....

NothingSpecial

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2005, 02:30:22 AM »
I forgot his name, or I'm not sure if I ever knew it, but I think this guy was like a terciary model or something, not a Naiomi or anything like that.  But anyway, this guy told me that tommy would always have these wild parties at a mansion in Elmira, then make out with all the guys there.  How do you feel about TH taking over the business aspects of Lagerfeld's line?

You know, I applied to UCLA too, and haven't heard, but most likely will get rejected, but anyway, I really want to be in LA, but I'm only getting into schools in the mid-west, now I feel like I should have applied to Loyola too, but I guess it's too late now, and knowing me, I probably would have ended up applying to the one in Chicago, and I could probably write an even longer, poorly constructed sentence.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2005, 02:31:16 AM »
EEk! That wasn't ment as an insult to you Pookie! Sorry! I hope you know what I mean. This little Iranian boy here put his throat down his foot.

which part?  none of what you said was anywhere near insulting to me.  no worries :)

you're iranian?  aideh shomah mobarak (yeh kamee zood)!

snuvy, sorry about UNC :(
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2005, 02:52:18 AM »
I forgot his name, or I'm not sure if I ever knew it, but I think this guy was like a terciary model or something, not a Naiomi or anything like that.  But anyway, this guy told me that tommy would always have these wild parties at a mansion in Elmira, then make out with all the guys there.  How do you feel about TH taking over the business aspects of Lagerfeld's line?

You know, I applied to UCLA too, and haven't heard, but most likely will get rejected, but anyway, I really want to be in LA, but I'm only getting into schools in the mid-west, now I feel like I should have applied to Loyola too, but I guess it's too late now, and knowing me, I probably would have ended up applying to the one in Chicago, and I could probably write an even longer, poorly constructed sentence.

well, tommy was always playing with buying some other line. for awhile it was gonna be jones new york, and some others. whatever, he has the money. i just think he needs to focus on recovering his own name before he starts to expand. i was involved with his "H" line, which i liked. a step back in the right difrection for him....