Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Decided on Saint Louis University...Anyone Else Attending?  (Read 1646 times)

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Decided on Saint Louis University...Anyone Else Attending?
« on: March 12, 2005, 11:11:36 PM »
Although I still have apps pending at other schools, I've decided to attend the evening program at Saint Louis University in the fall.

I did an informal visit to the school today and loved the atmosphere and the facilities.  While I was in the area, I found a great apartment near the campus and should close on the lease this week.  Since I plan to work in St. Louis when I graduate, it seems SLU will be a perfect fit.

Anyone else decided on attending SLU?

Tippy Farmbuckle

Re: Decided on Saint Louis University...Anyone Else Attending?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 05:16:25 PM »
i will be there....FT day tho.  are either of you going to the admitted student's thing?

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 05:37:39 PM »
KappaOne, did you hear from case yet?  Unless they come through with a huge scholarship, I'll be at SLU as well. 

That admitted students thing may be a stretch since it's a 10 hour drive for me, and I miss enough class as it is.
Pitt is it!

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:52:33 PM »
my guess is that it wont be a big deal....i am still gonna go since i live 25 min away, i will let you all know if i learn anything groundbreaking. :)

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 10:54:05 PM »
Yeah, let us know if we miss anything important.  I think I'm just gonna go to Pitt's open house that same weekend...
Pitt is it!

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »
I'm also fairly sure I'll be attending SLU. My husband and I decided that Tulane is just way too expensive (and nowhere near St. Louis, the place we want to work). Mizzou's second round of scholarships go out in April, so unless I receive money from them, I'm going to SLU as well.

Where did you find an apt? I've been looking at Lindell Towers (I stayed in them when I was in St. Louis one summer and was very happy with the quality), but I heard there were cheaper places in Central West End.

My wife and I have decided to live at Lindell Towers.  It's right near the law school and just down the street from my company, so it's perfect.  I looked at some other areas, but none had the same level of quality and security for the price.

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 05:07:27 PM »
KappaOne, did you hear from case yet?  Unless they come through with a huge scholarship, I'll be at SLU as well. 

That admitted students thing may be a stretch since it's a 10 hour drive for me, and I miss enough class as it is.

I still haven't heard anything from Case yet on scholarship funds.  While I've decided to attend SLU, I'm still going to the Case Preview Day this weekend because I purchased non-refundable plane tickets (this sucks!).  Unless Case came with nearly a full tuition scholarship, there's no way I would change my mind at this point. I'll be enrolling in the SLU evening program, so I'll be able to keep my day job and I was offered a scholarship as well. Also, since I'd like to work in St. Louis, SLU seems to be my best option.

Let me know whether you decide on SLU or Case.  I'm from the area so I can give you some first-hand info about things in the STL if you'd like.

Painting101

• Sr. Citizen
  • 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 05:45:18 PM »
I'm in the same boat that it would basically take full tuition to change my mind.  My grandfather lives just across the river in Illinois, so I'll probably live with him for the first year.  What company do you work for?
Pitt is it!

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 12:08:55 PM »
I'll be enrolling in the SLU evening program, so I'll be able to keep my day job and I was offered a scholarship as well.

are you planning on working full time and while going to school part time or just working pt and go to school pt as well???  they said at the slu open house that ft students need special permission to hold a job during 1L b/c they dont want any of them to work, but then for someone to work 40 hrs a week plus pt law school seems just as bad as having a pt job during full time 1L...

I'm in the same boat that it would basically take full tuition to change my mind. My grandfather lives just across the river in Illinois, so I'll probably live with him for the first year. What company do you work for?

i will be commuting over from the IL side as well, not a bad drive at all really, besides rush hour.

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 03:20:44 PM »
I plan on working full time and going to school part time if I attend SLU.  However, I just go a really nice scholarship offer from Case a few minutes ago, and I'm beginning to debate my options again.  I said that once I made my mind up on SLU things would be final, but now the money from Case has me going back on my word.

Is i just me, or does this process make you feel like you don't know yourself at times?  I just can't wait for this entire process to be over with.