Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener v. Regent  (Read 463 times)

LawDiv25

Widener v. Regent
« on: March 12, 2005, 07:20:40 PM »
I posted this on another board. I have not actually gotten into Regent yet, but when I talked to the Admissions Office it sounded fairly likely...

Any thoughts on this?

LawDiv25

Re: Widener v. Regent
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 01:44:01 PM »
Ok maybe I should make my question a little more specific.

Given Widener's bad reputation and REgent's strong Christian affiliation. Which do you think would hurt me least?

The strongest possibility at the moment is that I will attend one of them for one year and then transfer. I know that Widener grades on a C curve...I don't know about REgent but I imagine it is better - but I wonder if them being so religiously affiliated would hurt transfer options...

I'm on the wait list at PSU and if I get in there I'll take it right away. But in the mean time - these are my options and I feel I should put a seat deposit down on atleast one of them...

captmiseee

• AOL Instant Messenger - captmiseee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 03:04:25 PM »
I have two friends who graduated from Regent... one graduated 7 years ago... he is now making over 150,000 per year in his own practice and the other one who graduated 3 years ago is making around 100,000 in a very small firm... they were both hired before the end of their third year.

LawDiv25

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 03:41:54 PM »
I have two friends who graduated from Regent... one graduated 7 years ago... he is now making over 150,000 per year in his own practice and the other one who graduated 3 years ago is making around 100,000 in a very small firm... they were both hired before the end of their third year.

Thanks that is exactly the sort of information I'm looking for. Not that I'm interested in making "tons of money" but whether  or not people can make it in the "real world" graduating from a strongly Christian affiliated school.
Thanks

captmiseee

• AOL Instant Messenger - captmiseee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 05:44:16 PM »
By the way, neither of my friends are religious, they chose Regent due to location. But both of them like the fact that before exams there is a quiet time for prayer and they were able to calm down and gather their thoughts. In addition, they really liked most of their professors.