Author Topic: Hofstra  (Read 847 times)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hofstra
« on: March 12, 2005, 06:40:39 PM »
My mom called this afternoon to inform me that I had a "rather large envelope from Hostra" and asked if I wanted it opened. What kind of question is that?  I got accepted! 

I'm a little discouraged by the fact that their seat deposit is $850 in one lump sum .. at the end of April!

Also, there was no mention of scholarship, which kind of sucks.  I didn't really expect it though, with a 155/3.47.

Yay for two in one day, to two different addresses!!!
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

mxpocc

Re: Hofstra
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 08:04:43 PM »
when did you go complete at hofstra?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:26:18 AM »
Congrats!!!! :)
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 02:00:43 AM »
Thanks!!!

The postcard I got from Hofstra said I was complete on 2/24

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 05:15:49 PM »
my app must suck.  i got a WL with a 3.43/155.  doubt that .04 made a difference.  congrats.  where else you applying to?  what's your first choice?  do tell...
FIU Class of 2009

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 06:46:32 PM »
my app must suck.  i got a WL with a 3.43/155.  doubt that .04 made a difference.  congrats.  where else you applying to?  what's your first choice?  do tell...

I hardy doubt that your app sucks!!  I was quite surprised that I got in, to be honest, but I'll be sending my "Thanks, but no thanks" to them pretty soon, so maybe they'll take you off the waitlist and give you my spot!!!
I applied to Syracuse, NYLS, New England, Pace, Touro, Baltimore, Quinnipiac, Hofstra, and Florida Coastal. Several of them were just so I knew I'd get in SOMEWHERE, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to Syracuse.  I'm visiting in a couple of weeks, and I'll make my final decision then, but the only thing that would change my mind would be a massive scholarship from Pace -- the only school I haven't heard from yet.  I'm still trying to psych myself up for the move, though, because I'm just a little ol' Southern girl getting ready to go to one of the coldest places in America for three years!!!

Where have you applied, and where do you really want to go??

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 04:13:04 AM »
why are you high on Syracuse?  Im just curious bc I am also strongly considering attending.  any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 10:38:38 AM »
Congrats on your acceptances.  If you don't mind I was wondering approximately how much time lapsed between when you applied to Hofstra and your acceptance?  Good Luck to you
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
I am taking all the shots I can.
In:NYLS, Touro
Out: St. Johns, Brooklyn, Hofstra (Damn, Damn, Damn!!!)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 11:13:39 AM »
why are you high on Syracuse?  Im just curious bc I am also strongly considering attending.  any input would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I am "high on Syracuse," but I do think that, of the schools I've chosen to apply to, it is one of the strongest academically.  While that point is arguable, I also like the location of the school. As much as I'd love to go to NYLS, living in NYC could be extremely distracting for me, but I know I want to be in New York state.  I have not made my decision 100% yet, but ask me again in a few weeks, when I return from my visit to Syracuse, and maybe I'll be able to give you more of a reason!

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 11:15:07 AM »
Congrats on your acceptances.  If you don't mind I was wondering approximately how much time lapsed between when you applied to Hofstra and your acceptance?  Good Luck to you

Thank you!!!
I transmitted my application to Hofstra on January 12th, received a "completed" notice on February 24th, and received my acceptance on March 12.

I hope this helps!