Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Ding...F them.  (Read 1542 times)

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GW Ding...F them.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 10:40:19 PM »
Hi EraPitt...I'm in Carnegie now.  Are you in Pittsburgh?

Everything I've heard about Pitt is positive, and I'm now negotiating my scholarship.  So, hopefully I'll be able to go there for a lot less $$.
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 02:35:46 AM »
I would say all the schools in the top 25 are over-rated.

Of course, I'm self-absorbed and indifferent to other people's good fortune, but that's the way you can be on this thread.

Rizz98

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 07:43:02 AM »
Hey - I'm in/near Pitt too, down in Bridgeville working for the next couple months before heading off to law school. I have been very impressed by GW, and am most likely headed there.

As for the Pitt thing, laura, I'm sure you'll do great there. I know a guy from my gym who lives in Upper St. Clair who has done very well there at the same time commuting back and forth to USC and coaching JV basketball.

I'm quite surprised you didn't get into GW with a 3.71/163, when did you apply?
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 07:46:11 AM »
You and me both!  I went complete around 1/10, and the decision was made 3/2.  I'm still waiting on Mason, but I'm 80% sure I'll be headed to Pitt.
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005, 08:23:08 AM »
Laura, no, not in the burgh anymore.  I am in the northern va area.  I work for a government agency here so GW will work out well.  Especially since work will help foot the bill. 

I bet you get into Mason.  Would you go there over Pitt?  It is extremely cheap.  I just don't know how well known they are.  Do you want to practice in a big city?  I am torn.  Part of me wants to end up in NYC or stay here in DC or Boston maybe, however, the other part wants to head back to the burgh where 125K is still alot of money......
Attending GW in Fall '06

Rizz98

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.91/165
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rizz98
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 01:26:45 PM »
Mason is well regarded by a number of firms in the DC area, and not so highly regarded by others. It seems to be an excellent school with excellent staff, but the environment just seemed sterile to me. What I took out of visiting there was that it would be a good place to go to part-time, but not necessarily full-time. The price is very inviting...although for you, Laura, Pitt has that going for it too.

Too bad their basketball team sucks and will lose to Pacific. Go 'Cuse!
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."