Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New England School of Law  (Read 671 times)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
New England School of Law
« on: March 12, 2005, 03:48:48 PM »
I received my acceptance to New England School of Law today.  There was no mention of financial aid, but I'm not sure if they notify with acceptance or later. Does anyone know?

If they were to offer a nice amount of money, I would seriously consider going, but right now Syracuse is my top choice -- that is, until I hear from Pace and Hofstra.

Regardless, it feels really good to get accepted, even if I don't know if I'm going to go there!! :)
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

BeesKnees

• View Profile
Re: New England School of Law
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 04:16:17 AM »
Can i ask you what your numbers are? I have been accepted to Syracuse, which is my top choice, however i just found out that i got 12k/year from Dayton.  I don't really want to go there, but its a nice offer.  Did you receive scholarship info with your acceptance, or after the fact.

Thanks.

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:28:03 PM »
Can i ask you what your numbers are? I have been accepted to Syracuse, which is my top choice, however i just found out that i got 12k/year from Dayton.  I don't really want to go there, but its a nice offer.  Did you receive scholarship info with your acceptance, or after the fact.

Thanks.

155/3.47
I received the scholarship information a couple of days after I received the acceptance.
Are you planning on going to one of Syracuse's Spring Visitation days?

BeesKnees

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
While i would like to, I can't.  I am currently in New Zealand, travelling before its time to hunker down.  I visted a few days before i left (and before i got my acceptance). It was a cold, dreary day, but i still loved the campus.  (I did my undergrad in Kingston Ontario, which is 2.5 hours north, so i am used to cold and dreary.) While i loved it, no scholarship offer does make it tempting to reconsider the other school.

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 08:55:37 PM »
While i would like to, I can't.  I am currently in New Zealand, travelling before its time to hunker down.  I visted a few days before i left (and before i got my acceptance). It was a cold, dreary day, but i still loved the campus.  (I did my undergrad in Kingston Ontario, which is 2.5 hours north, so i am used to cold and dreary.) While i loved it, no scholarship offer does make it tempting to reconsider the other school.

Is there anything you can tell me about Syracuse (the school or the city)?  I've never been there and I'm so anxious to get as much information as I can, different opinions and such. I'd love to know anything you'd like to share!
Wow New Zealand!  How fun!

BeesKnees

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 01:56:15 AM »
The law school consists of two buildings, not overly impressive (as compared with some of the buildings on campus) but they are nicer then some of have seen.  The library was newish and nice. The campus is quite large and there are some really great facilities ( I figure if i am going to pay 20-30 grand, I might as well have access to athletic facilities, additional libraries, etc., which you cannot get at a place like Albany.)  As far as the city is concerned, it all depends on what you are looking for.  Because of the large university population, i think the city has a lot of things a city of that size otherwise would not have.  I didn't do too much touring, as it was the last leg of my trip.  There are definetly some parts of Syracuse that have seen better days, and it will get really cold in the winter.  However, upstate NY is beautiful, close to Lake Placid in winter and Adirondacks in summer, not that law school will give us a lot of free time.  That being said, i highly recommend that you visit.  I liked it and excited to attend, but i could see why the weather/location might be discouraging to some.  If you like it, i guess i will see you in Syracuse in August!

trayd79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 11:28:25 AM »
They give out the financial aid info at the accepted students reception.