Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn State-Dickinson can suck it  (Read 966 times)

daveo20

• View Profile
    • Email
Penn State-Dickinson can suck it
« on: March 12, 2005, 01:03:19 PM »
150, 3.13, DING!!

I'm very surprised, and let me tell you why. I know my LSAT blows ass, but my good friend who is a 1L there now, she took the LSAT twice, 143 and a 149, and got in last year. I really thought I had a good shot, considering the strength of my file. But oh well man, life goes on.

Get this though, how do you interpret this line?? (and by the way, this was actually a pretty nice rejection letter):

"If you wish to discuss your candidacy, future options here or with other law schools don't hesitate to contact me."

WTF!? Letter of reconsideration maybe? I mean *&^%, did they just feel bad about not leaving it somewhat open-ended? Did anyone else get this in their rejection letter, is it generic? Go figure.

bradzwest

Re: Penn State-Dickinson can suck it
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 01:15:18 PM »
School sent me a very personal friendly letter regarding my talk with them at the Atlanta Law Forum and made specific references to my info as well... That would be wonderful if I had ever applied or for that matter EVER been to Atlanta!

A.J

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 01:16:44 PM »
Dolphins can suck it.  Suck it dolphins, suck it!

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 07:18:25 PM »
I am sorry about your rejection. I was also wondering if the letter was a generic letter. That is the same last line as in my letter. It seemed personal though, at least in the first paragraph. The last line was something about my life experience, academic and work experience. Did it say that in your letter to. I would quote it, but I am not home at the moment.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 02:12:03 PM »
hope i hear something soon.  seems like i could be on the fence with a 3.43/155.  i applied real late after getting a fee waiver, but carlisle is looking better and better.  here's hoping for the best...
FIU Class of 2009

daveo20

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 04:08:41 PM »
This guy I know is waitlisted with a 2.9 and a 158, if that helps at all....I do know that they are accepting 180 and waitlisting 200 for this cycle.

PSUDSL08

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LS #'s
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 06:36:51 PM »
I have a 3.3 and a 151..but i'm a penn state undergrad...does going to PSU undergrad help my chances at all?

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 07:07:37 PM »
didn't help my chances at UF after 4 solid years there.  they said thanks but no thanks.  it also didn't help that i'm the president of my local alumni club.  my relations with the alum assoc. did me squat.
FIU Class of 2009