Law School Discussion

What Type of Law do you want to Practice

PPG

Re: What Type of Law do you want to Practice
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2006, 05:45:46 PM »
I have been working in corporate law for a large law firm and it is not a 9-5 job. There is a lot of hours and time that you have to put in when working in corporate law.  If you work in house for a bank or company the hours may be less but in general 50 plus or more a week is not unusual.  Many people that come out of law school are very surprised how long the hours can be.
[/quote]

I'm considering applying for fall '07...currently studying for LSATS.  I had always thought I'd like to go into criminal law, but am realizing that it may not be for me.  I've researched quite a bit, but could you tell me what a "normal" day in the life of a Corporate lawyer is like?  Some details about the work...everything on the net seems to be defining it and very general.  Thanks!

justGem

• Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2006, 02:28:17 PM »
IP

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2007, 12:07:43 PM »
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070612/NEWS01/706120406/1008

Low pay sends Jefferson prosecutors fleeing

who on earth DOES go and become an Asst DA?  how can they afford too?

Ellis

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2007, 03:34:11 PM »
I want to do ERISA law, corporate law, tax law, and/or labor law. 

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2007, 09:06:22 PM »
I am going to practice labor and employment law for unions

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
I majored in Sports Management with hopes of becoming a Sports Agent. However, after working for three years, now I am most interested in IP, Public Interest, or Business Law. I have worked for my family company for 2 years now and I hope I can help with the legal side of things instead of sales.

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
Right now, Crimlaw.

So you should all shudder in fear, because you guys will be receiving an indictment from me... SOON.

ě

• non sequitur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
I would seriously consider crim law if I were eligible for employment as an ADA, but since I'm not, that's out. I really wouldn't want to be a defense attorney. Something financial, perhaps M&A or securities seems to be most tempting at the moment. Having gone to law school in Norway I could probably utilize that background a bit in an international market. At least I hope so.

Ellis

« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »
I don't think I have the gall for criminal law.  I would probably get disbarred for telling on my clients!! :D

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2007, 09:19:46 AM »
I am going to practice labor and employment law for unions

theres a certain young lady you should contact then.  she has lots of good info...