Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Type of Law do you want to Practice  (Read 28279 times)

piraeus

• Do it for her
    • View Profile
    • Piraeus' Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: What Type of Law do you want to Practice
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2005, 05:33:49 PM »
Someone recently asked me this question (what kind of law do you want to practice) and being that I don't really know too much about the various areas of practice all I could say is, "The kind that doesn't help people."
GPA 2.34 (you're so jealous)
LSAT 162
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=piraeus

Thikighoros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2005, 06:56:52 PM »
I want to do primarily military law, the differences between it and civilian law excite me.

I am also open to international law, although I would avoid working at the UN. I interned there for a while, and it seriously turned me off.

Criminal law also interests me. I would like to be a prosecutor at some point in my life. I also was interested in becoming a judge.
I look forward to the day that I could say (God willing):

Είναι δικηγόρος στρατιωτικός.
(I am a military lawyer).

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thikighoros

Reign

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2005, 01:01:36 AM »
Am I the only one that wants to spend over 100k on law school just to become a PD. :)
When I told my dad what I wanted to do he said, "You'll NEVER recover my investment in your brain."

So yeah...I have a rose colored vision of defending the indigent. I'm just fuzzy on how I defend the poor without being one. Maybe I can supplement my income by defending a rich, handsome, wrongfully accused serial killer every so often.  ::)

Maybe a few years of serving the underserved and then move on.

numbercruncher

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2005, 01:20:27 AM »
Initially want to get into Corporate law, however would ultimately like to end up a Law Prof.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2005, 03:07:48 AM »
Am I the only one that wants to spend over 100k on law school just to become a PD. :)
When I told my dad what I wanted to do he said, "You'll NEVER recover my investment in your brain."

So yeah...I have a rose colored vision of defending the indigent. I'm just fuzzy on how I defend the poor without being one. Maybe I can supplement my income by defending a rich, handsome, wrongfully accused serial killer every so often.  ::)

Maybe a few years of serving the underserved and then move on.
That is almost exactly what I want to do: be a trial lawyer for the public (either Defense of Prosecution).  And I am shelling out more than 100,000 if you you include UG.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

Reign

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2005, 04:01:17 AM »

That is almost exactly what I want to do: be a trial lawyer for the public (either Defense of Prosecution).  And I am shelling out more than 100,000 if you you include UG.

ohhh...I didn't include UG. :-\
Con Law would be good too.

jashdey

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2005, 02:59:13 PM »
Public Interest Law.

Low pay and all. :D

mrrogers

• It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2005, 03:00:33 PM »
Litigation, not sure of what specialty.  If I find I enjoy corporate classes or tax, I'm open to that too. 

mobo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2005, 10:32:39 PM »
def public interest, most likely international law, with an interest in electoral law in developing countries.

if i get tired of the glam life in the third world (cough, cough) then i may end up throwing my talents (whatever they are) at the poverty problem here in the US, with a focus on the Deep South.

then 10-15 years out of ls, i am thinking of going into politics/legislation/policy making.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »
def public interest, most likely international law, with an interest in electoral law in developing countries.

if i get tired of the glam life in the third world (cough, cough) then i may end up throwing my talents (whatever they are) at the poverty problem here in the US, with a focus on the Deep South.

then 10-15 years out of ls, i am thinking of going into politics/legislation/policy making.

2 bad environmental doesnt pay squat unless your working for the evil side.  :-\
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?