Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: And the first to reject me is... ummmm, Tulane?  (Read 2111 times)

soupnazi

Re: And the first to reject me is... ummmm, Tulane?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 02:14:25 AM »
to the OP, was your personal statement significantly longer than 250 words?

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 02:17:06 AM »

according to LSN i'm the most qualified reject at Miami, or at least i was last time i checked.  can i be in your sweet club?

Sure you can, at least until a Miami rejection with higher numbers shows up.  When that happens, we'll have a Rejection Rejection ceremony and throw you out.  Music will be provided by some sort of symphonic bells group, ding-a-ling.

nice.
remove the stone of shame.  attach the stone... of TRIUMPH!

Dude, you have an index of 3 at Miami.  Plenty of people with an index of 3 at Miami were rejected...

maybe it was just the highest LSAT score then

soupnazi

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 02:20:54 AM »

according to LSN i'm the most qualified reject at Miami, or at least i was last time i checked.  can i be in your sweet club?

Sure you can, at least until a Miami rejection with higher numbers shows up.  When that happens, we'll have a Rejection Rejection ceremony and throw you out.  Music will be provided by some sort of symphonic bells group, ding-a-ling.

nice.

Dude, you have an index of 3 at Miami.  Plenty of people with an index of 3 at Miami were rejected...

there is a user now (hunterhogan) that has a 2.19/173

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 03:01:13 AM »

nice.

there is a user now (hunterhogan) that has a 2.19/173

ha.  that guy's way more of a slacker than me.  now i dont feel so bad  ;)

soupnazi

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 03:14:12 AM »
i believe he posts on this board.

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 04:57:12 AM »

Yes, it was.  I think it was closer to 1,000.  Since 250 was just the suggested length and there was no max or minimum, I didn't think I would get dinged for that, but who knows?  Maybe I was filed under "Does not follow instructions well."

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 11:21:31 AM »

Yes, it was.  I think it was closer to 1,000.  Since 250 was just the suggested length and there was no max or minimum, I didn't think I would get dinged for that, but who knows?  Maybe I was filed under "Does not follow instructions well."

:D
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

soupnazi

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 03:06:40 PM »

I bet that this had something to do with it.  I think most people that really want to go to Tulane stuck around 250. They probably figured you wouldn't end up there since you had a "long" personal statement and a high index.

dynamic323

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 04:12:30 PM »
Absolutely not b/c of the length!  First of all, give these people more credit, plus, my personal statement was well over 1000 words, and I was accepted with lesser numbers...It can be the app, not just the numbers, maybe they just didn't like what they read, i mean, is it not possible that there was an actual substantive reason!?

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2005, 06:33:11 PM »
Absolutely not b/c of the length!  First of all, give these people more credit, plus, my personal statement was well over 1000 words, and I was accepted with lesser numbers...It can be the app, not just the numbers, maybe they just didn't like what they read, i mean, is it not possible that there was an actual substantive reason!?

Of course it is.  Occam's razor.