Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: And the first to reject me is... ummmm, Tulane?  (Read 2083 times)

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
And the first to reject me is... ummmm, Tulane?
« on: March 11, 2005, 03:13:34 PM »
Sorry, but this confuses me and makes me a tad paranoid about any outstanding apps.  I basically had the same application package at every school.

I have the distinction of having the highest rejection index (by .2) and highest rejected LSAT (by a whopping 9 points) at Tulane.  That's quite the feather in my cap.  I don't think I can buy yield protection for rejections (deferrals, yes, but not rejections).

They took a LONG time to request my LSDAS and then also to reject me. 

Did I accidentally check the Hispanic box?   ;)

They weren't in the picture anymore with the Baylor full ride, and now I almost gotta wonder a little bit if they knew that (it'd be a fair decision on their part, btw).

Any thoughts, comments, pity, "you'll get'em next time slugger"'s are appreciated.

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: And the first to reject me is... ummmm, Tulane?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 03:22:55 PM »
Hey, a full ride at Baylor is great. Forget about Tulane. You say you want to practice in TX anyway so Baylor is a great choice for you. I would not give it a second thought. It is weird though. I must agree.  ???
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

LaneSwerver

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 03:52:08 PM »
I'm sure they matched you up to your LSD/LSN profiles; if you wouldn't have called them a bunch of Pope-loving mackarel-smackers, your app may have gone farther.

You'll get 'em next time, slugger.

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 08:47:50 PM »
I too am a member of the "Highest scoring reject" club, at Northeastern.  Maybe we should make up t-shirts and a secret handshake and stuff, and become a secret society dedicated to revenge at the schools that unfairly dinged us.

My favorite theory as to what happened is that one of the adcomm's was horribly wronged by somebody with the same name as me in the past, and is being vindictive.  Oh well, just wait until you get accepted somewhere way better than Tulane, then send them a nasty email.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 03:17:34 AM »
I too am a member of the "Highest scoring reject" club, at Northeastern.  Maybe we should make up t-shirts and a secret handshake and stuff, and become a secret society dedicated to revenge at the schools that unfairly dinged us.

My favorite theory as to what happened is that one of the adcomm's was horribly wronged by somebody with the same name as me in the past, and is being vindictive.  Oh well, just wait until you get accepted somewhere way better than Tulane, then send them a nasty email.

Nice.  Wherever the club meets, we can ask the staff to randomly reject one person at the door.

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 11:26:02 AM »

Nice.  Wherever the club meets, we can ask the staff to randomly reject one person at the door.

:D
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 06:58:46 PM »

according to LSN i'm the most qualified reject at Miami, or at least i was last time i checked.  can i be in your sweet club?

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 07:57:37 PM »

according to LSN i'm the most qualified reject at Miami, or at least i was last time i checked.  can i be in your sweet club?

Sure you can, at least until a Miami rejection with higher numbers shows up.  When that happens, we'll have a Rejection Rejection ceremony and throw you out.  Music will be provided by some sort of symphonic bells group, ding-a-ling.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 10:18:26 PM »

Sure you can, at least until a Miami rejection with higher numbers shows up.  When that happens, we'll have a Rejection Rejection ceremony and throw you out.  Music will be provided by some sort of symphonic bells group, ding-a-ling.

nice.
remove the stone of shame.  attach the stone... of TRIUMPH!

dal79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 02:09:21 AM »

nice.
remove the stone of shame.  attach the stone... of TRIUMPH!

Dude, you have an index of 3 at Miami.  Plenty of people with an index of 3 at Miami were rejected...