Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seattle University  (Read 25465 times)

MarkGrace

• View Profile
Re: Seattle University
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »
Thanks Giff, appreciate it.  The areas that I saw right around campus seemed pretty nice but going East it did seem to get a little bit more shady.  I just don't want to end up in an area where I feel uncomfortable walking around at night.

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2005, 05:21:27 PM »
ditto to what giffy wrote- i think capital hill generally has a worse reputation than is warranted (didn't courtney love 'expose' it as drug capital of US? whatever, anyway...)

are you looking at houses or apts. around campus? i've heard some really awful things about nearby aparts (not in terms of safety, but in terms of price/value- ravenna apt. is one that comes to mind as generally sucking at life)

if you stay within 2 blocks of campus, then your only concern at night will be drunk college students :)

You guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable on SU law. I got in, have never really been to the west coast, but seem intrigued by seattle U. can you fill me in on it? locale, programs, placement, what have you? in short, tell me why i should go there? thanks in advance for the help,

hmmm...broad question, but generally- SU is the next best option to UW for the seattle market, so if you're 100% on practicing in seattle, it makes logical sense- the law school is pretty young, only been at SU since the 90s (ergo, doing pretty well, rankings wise, for being a teenager law school- used to belong to Univ. Puget Soung, I have no idea what it was ranked in those days though)- very nice new facilities, just about located right downtown seattle (so a LOT to do in the surrounding area)- know people in the program who love it- i guess the curve has been really harsh historically but they're changing that this upcoming year, so perhaps won't be as competitive- i know people there who love it, are challenged by classmates, etc.

if you're set on seattle, then SU is the bomb :)

SIDE NOTE- WE SHOULD ALL GO BOWLING SOON- MAYBE NEXT WEEKEND  ;D
I WILL OWN YOU ALL
not really, just being dramatic to encite interest

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 26, 2005, 12:25:04 PM »

dead thread?
get it??? i enjoyed :)

DC Duck

« Reply #433 on: April 26, 2005, 12:45:50 PM »
whoa...ommminuommoussss dead thread picture.  I suddenly realized that I dont want to meet Nika in some dark alley...wait...as in BOWLING ally!!!!!  It's all a trap!  Run, run while you still can!!!!!  women and children and ducks first!!!!!

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 26, 2005, 12:48:53 PM »
whoa...ommminuommoussss dead thread picture. I suddenly realized that I dont want to meet Nika in some dark alley...wait...as in BOWLING ally!!!!! It's all a trap! Run, run while you still can!!!!! women and children and ducks first!!!!!

:D

i'm just bored at work/bored with school
and i discovered the 'insert picture' function

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 26, 2005, 12:51:18 PM »

this one's for you duck :)

MarkGrace

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 26, 2005, 01:11:50 PM »
Whoa Nika, that's kind of scary.  Looks like I just need to avoid having an apartment near you and I should be safe on the streets. ;)

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 26, 2005, 03:31:39 PM »
Whoa Nika, that's kind of scary. Looks like I just need to avoid having an apartment near you and I should be safe on the streets. ;)

:D

the polish mafia offers you their protection-

from me

ok, i'm done- peace guys :)

MarkGrace

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 26, 2005, 06:32:19 PM »
Pedro offers you his

Bhoutros

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 29, 2005, 12:44:59 AM »
Wish me luck, guys!  I can wait a few more months, but I wish I knew now!!!!   :-\
Here is the note I rec'd from Seattle U:

Hi S,

Thanks for the note.  I completely understand your desire to know the current status on your application.  We are going to be looking at the wait list next week, to see if we need to deny some folks due to the fact that our deposits are coming in right on target, and we know that the size of the wait list as it stands, nearly 200, is much too larger.

You could hear something as early as next week, or if you remain on the wait list, the next notification you will receive from us will be sometime in later May, early June.  Please feel free to stay in touch.  Best of luck!

Be well,

Satcha
SU School of Law