Law School Discussion

Seattle University

LordofLight

Re: Seattle University
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2005, 07:13:50 AM »
It was okay. The event was pretty disorganized. Just a bunch of strangers awkwardly standing around. Didn't like that too much. I got to see the interior of the law school, tho, and it was freaking beautiful, like a museum almost. No free hat! But I did get 3 free cookies and a big chunk of cauliflower.

Ant: Do not go to USC. Withdraw immediately. My wife graduated from UCLA, and if she heard that I corresponded or communicated in any manner whatsoever with anyone who is either going to go or is even seriously contemplating going to USC, she will beat me.

I will understand if you go to UW, but in that case I will beat you...at checkers!

Lordo, I want to hear more details about the open house for admitted peoples thingy.  What did you do?  What did they say?  Why didn't they give out free hats, shirts, coffee mugs, key chains, or "I hate UW" bumperstickers?!

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2005, 07:17:36 AM »
Good mornign all. Glad to see we are all back together. As the dropkick Murphy's would say "The gangs all here" Well I am about to take off for the exciting drive across Washington to go home for the old spring break. Have a great day all.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

DC Duck

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2005, 07:46:12 AM »
Man!  I want some cauliflower and cookies!  I KNEW I should have flown back for that!

Ant, it's great to have you back.  It looks like you have some tough decisions ahead.  Best of luck to you.

I thought for sure that I would hear from UW on Saturday...they like toying with my letter, flipping it over and over in their hands...

Go Red Hawks!!

LordofLight

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2005, 09:01:31 AM »
Don't worry, Duck. I pocketed a whole bunch of cauliflower and stuffed it in a government envelope and sent it off to you.

Man!  I want some cauliflower and cookies!  I KNEW I should have flown back for that!

Ant, it's great to have you back.  It looks like you have some tough decisions ahead.  Best of luck to you.

I thought for sure that I would hear from UW on Saturday...they like toying with my letter, flipping it over and over in their hands...

Go Red Hawks!!

DC Duck

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2005, 09:26:13 AM »
Thanks lordo!

However, I still want more details from the admitted students thing.

Please answer the following questions:

1) How many people attended?
2) Was there a speech of some kind? and what was said?
3) Did they say anything else about financial aid?
4) Did it look like we could woop up on the other students, if not academically, atleast physically?
5) Was the cauliflower placed nicely on platters with some type of dressing or were they thrown randomly into the croud such as would be done at a football game?
6) Did you meet any nice people who are planning on attending?  Did they save me some cauliflower as well? 
7) And what of the cookies?  Was there an assortment?  Did they have nuts in them?  (Note: I hate nuts)
8) Was the cauliflower fresh?  What of the cookies?  Were there any beverages or were you forced to wash down the cauliflower and cookies with water?!! (the fiends)
Ok, I think that's all.  Please let me know.

LordofLight

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2005, 09:42:01 AM »
Mr. Duck I shall endeavor to answer your questions in full:

1. Lots of people...over 100 I'd say, but lots of family members were present.
2. No speech that I saw, which was sort of disappointing. The whole thing was rather disorganized and informal.
3. Nothing was said about financial aid that I heard. The financial aid people were out there, however, and I'm sure they were allaying people's concerns.
4. I was confident that I could kick the asses of most of those present, if I could sneak up from behind, woop them, then run away. In a direct physical confrontation I would probably be thrown around a bit  ;D
5. They had a whole table of food, nicely arranged. There was sauce, but I don't go for sauce during social events. Who knows who's sticking their fingers in it, or double dipping? Yuck!
6. Everyone was quite nice. I didn't see anyone obnoxiously pocketing cauliflower, but I was standing right by the cauliflower and threatening anyone who went near it.
7.A wide variety of cookies, some indeed with nuts
8. The cauliflower was fresh. The carrots were soggy--like half cooked. Gross. The cookies were very good.
9. All they had was water, so I spiked it with yoo-hoo.

Thanks lordo!

However, I still want more details from the admitted students thing.

Please answer the following questions:

1) How many people attended?
2) Was there a speech of some kind? and what was said?
3) Did they say anything else about financial aid?
4) Did it look like we could woop up on the other students, if not academically, atleast physically?
5) Was the cauliflower placed nicely on platters with some type of dressing or were they thrown randomly into the croud such as would be done at a football game?
6) Did you meet any nice people who are planning on attending?  Did they save me some cauliflower as well? 
7) And what of the cookies?  Was there an assortment?  Did they have nuts in them?  (Note: I hate nuts)
8) Was the cauliflower fresh?  What of the cookies?  Were there any beverages or were you forced to wash down the cauliflower and cookies with water?!! (the fiends)
Ok, I think that's all.  Please let me know.

DC Duck

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2005, 09:43:29 AM »
You are one funny guy!

nika22

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2005, 10:01:21 AM »
taking quick break from writing the 3 novels i have due for finals on wed...but D*MN lordo, you have some SERIOUS mcenroe style B*LLS! have to admire your honesty and forthrightness (sp?) with the uw correspondance- if i ever wrote an email to UW asking about my rejection, i believe every other word would be 'please,' 'i'm sorry,' "if there's anything i can do' and/or 'don't hate me, please'

you put the 'stick' in sticking it to the man (i realize that makes no sense...but i'm not the one who's clever)

wow

That's sick! Yet also...arousing.

Nika is that Christina Applegate in your avatar?

naomi watts
(chick from 'the ring' and 'mulholland drive')

nika, tell your avatar to quit perving the duck! this is not some forum for that kind of twisted stuff. Also, duck and i were just talking the other day about how we are tired of being objectified and disrespected by you and your avatar's ilk (women, that is). we'd appreciate being treated as individuals with something to offer other than a firm a$$ :D.

i will do my best to curb the sexually harassing impulses :)

DC Duck

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2005, 10:03:34 AM »
I second Nika's statement!  Lordo, you have some serious juevos my friend.  Although, if you aren't going to go there, might as well say it as it is!  Maybe you just got me admitted.  They'll see my app now and say, "we'd better let this guy in.  We dont want him to verbally abuse us as that southpark guy did!"

LordofLight

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2005, 10:05:02 AM »
Thx Nika  :D

The first one I thought was tasteful and nice..but then they didn't respond and it really pissed me off. It gave the very strong impression that they just don't give a flip about you unless you have the right numbers (which is true methinks)..and once you're rejected, they wouldn't even take the time to say "we don't divulge that info sorry". That's when I let loose, I guess.

taking quick break from writing the 3 novels i have due for finals on wed...but D*MN lordo, you have some SERIOUS mcenroe style B*LLS! have to admire your honesty and forthrightness (sp?) with the uw correspondance- if i ever wrote an email to UW asking about my rejection, i believe every other word would be 'please,' 'i'm sorry,' "if there's anything i can do' and/or 'don't hate me, please'

you put the 'stick' in sticking it to the man (i realize that makes no sense...but i'm not the one who's clever)

wow

That's sick! Yet also...arousing.

Nika is that Christina Applegate in your avatar?

naomi watts
(chick from 'the ring' and 'mulholland drive')

nika, tell your avatar to quit perving the duck! this is not some forum for that kind of twisted stuff. Also, duck and i were just talking the other day about how we are tired of being objectified and disrespected by you and your avatar's ilk (women, that is). we'd appreciate being treated as individuals with something to offer other than a firm a$$ :D.

i will do my best to curb the sexually harassing impulses :)