Law School Discussion

Seattle University

DC Duck

Seattle University
« on: March 11, 2005, 06:28:26 AM »
Who's going here?

Im almost positive I will be and Im really looking forward to the summer class!

Re: Seattle University
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 06:31:02 AM »
I'd love to go to Seattle and have been admitted without a scholarship. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend unless the fin. aid package is quite generous.

DC Duck

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 06:36:33 AM »
Jumbo:  I hope they get that info out soon.  Where would be your second choice?

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 09:33:43 AM »
Glad to see your alive and well Duck. I am looking more and more at Seattle U, although I am still holding out hope for UW. I fully expect you to show up the first day in some form of a duck suit.

LordofLight

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 09:38:19 AM »
Mr Duck!

I am going. Sent in my deposit already. I am going to the admitted students day today. I wonder what the dress code is? I really want to wear jeans, but maybe that's too informal. But dammit I don't want to dress up!

I hope they give out free stuff, like a hat or something. And I'm bringing a flask of yoo-hoo in case they don't have an open bar.

Who's going here?

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 09:41:23 AM »
Mr Duck!

I am going. Sent in my deposit already. I am going to the admitted students day today. I wonder what the dress code is? I really want to wear jeans, but maybe that's too informal. But dammit I don't want to dress up!

I hope they give out free stuff, like a hat or something. And I'm bringing a flask of yoo-hoo in case they don't have an open bar.

Who's going here?

Congrats Lord. It must be cool to know where your going to be next year. From what I have seen at Seattle U, it is certainly not formal. There are of course the folks who wear the suit and tie to class everyday, but there are also plenty of jeans and PJ's.

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:42:37 AM »
Jumbo:  I hope they get that info out soon.  Where would be your second choice?

I've been admitted to UMKC with a generous 1L scholarship. If I'm not admitted to U of Oregon or U of Arizona, I'll probably be moving to Kansas City.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=lacroiae

LordofLight

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 09:44:24 AM »
On a slightly off-topic note, I'm reading my CivPro book and it's absolutely stunning the numbers of rules they have simply to determine what court you go to--personal jurisdiction, subject matter jurisdiction, and venue rules. It's freaking confusing. Why not just make one, giant court? It could be called the "supreme court" (making Dr. Evil parentheses hand movements) and there would be one on every other corner. It'd be like McDonalds. In fact, you could have a McDonalds in the court. This way, CivPro would be easier.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

BTW, I'm going to the 3pm Crim class. You cannot sign up until May, tho.

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 09:45:49 AM »
I'll be at the reception today as well...Coming straight from work so I'll already be wearing slacks and a button-up shirt.

I hear ya about the financial package...I hope it is filled with scholarships and not just notices of loans. See ya there!

nika22

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 09:47:46 AM »
so this is where all the cool kids are hanging...

during the 2 hours that i slept last night, i had a dream that i was being chased, up hill, by these enormous skunks- i looked it up in an online dream dictionary this morning, and as it turns out skunks represent situations that are resolved and calm but that one does not necessarily agree with...i wonder what that's all about....;)

can't go to the open house thing at su today since it's taxing season at work, but i hope you guys (whoever is going) have a great time- report back what you've learned

and i'd roll with the jeans and a nicer shirt lordo