Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I send an email to admissions to say "Hey I REALLY want to go here"  (Read 436 times)

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
Well the subject pretty much says it all... I really need and want to go to this school. I've been complete there for 2-3 weeks and honestly I have no idea if they're even still looking at my application...

My question is would it HURT to send an email to admissions. Not an official addendum or anything of course, but just a little something extra that might set me apart?

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
I realize this is not a topic of humor... or anything really of interest to anyone other than myself. Any advice would be appreciated though. Not only do I want to go to this school, I really need to get into this school due to in-state tuition concerns.

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I say go for it. It seemed to go over well for me.

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
I did this too. The school was very nice and the girl I first emailed from the adcomm gave me the assistant dean's email address. I email her and just said that this school was my top choice and asked if there was anything else they needed from me to make a decision. They thanked me for my interest and suggested I come for a visit (which I can not do right now.) I have yet to hear a decision from them but they were very nice and I can not imagine it hurt. At the very least, at least my name was in their minds more than the thousands of other applicants who did not email or call or anything. Just my .02.
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

werbz

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evil Monkey
    • View Profile
Thanks guys, I'm going to do it today. I just didn't know if it'd seem unprofessional at all.

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
After my 1st choice deferred me, I sent a 2-page (typed, not emailed) letter about why the school was a good fit for me, how the resources there would help me get what I wanted out of my legal education, etc.  I'm not sure if that's what put my app over the top, but I was accepted about 2 weeks after I sent the letter.  I say go for it!