Law School Discussion

Law School Dress Code?

Shardik

• Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Law School Dress Code?
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:07:47 PM »
Ok all you soon to be 1L's. 

As an undergrad I (along with everyone else) went to my early classes in whatever I happened to be wearing when I woke up.  Sometime after lunch I would go home, take a shower, and then make my late afternoon classes dressed in some nicer clothes. 

Is it different in law school?  Is everyone going to be “dressed for success” when I march in wearing my old navy lounge pants and a t-shirt?

Just wondering.   :P

the REAL desi

Re: Law School Dress Code?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 06:14:37 PM »
ummm, don't come to school looking like a scrub.  (but I do half the time).

i would suggest during your fall 1L to look decent through november because OCI employers will be around.  then, once finals start to come, you can look like you're cracked out every day.  sweatpants are awesome.

of course, there are plenty of tools that pop their collars every day.

gentoo

• Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »
I think all law schools should have a dress code like the one at Liberty Law School.

Women
http://www.liberty.edu/StudentAffairs/index.cfm?PID=7764

Men
http://www.liberty.edu/StudentAffairs/DeanOfMen/index.cfm?PID=2925

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 06:50:20 PM »
I am one of those people who thinks that dress should not really matter. If its clean, I am cool. But unfortunately other people don't share my view. For class though wear what ever the hell you want. Grading is done annonomusly so no worry there, and I highly doubt most people will be dressed up.

By the way I hope to god(pun intended) that Liberties policies never get adopted beyond that POS school. f-ing Fallwell.

alb

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 06:54:33 PM »
Part of Liberty's dress code for women:

"Formal Wear

"Students are expected to dress modestly for the Junior/Senior Banquet & the Minority Student Achievement Awards Banquet, as well as all formal events. Anything tight, scant, backless, see-through, low in the neckline or revealing the midriff is immodest and unacceptable. Slits should be no higher than the top of the knee. Strapless or spaghetti straps are acceptable for this event as long as the above standard is followed. Any questions regarding what is appropriate should be addressed to the Dean of Women’s Office."

I just wonder how there could possibly be a functional strapless dress that is neither "tight" nor "low in the neckline."  They must have a strong engineering program at Liberty.

giffy

• Mo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 07:02:32 PM »
Part of Liberty's dress code for women:

"Formal Wear

"Students are expected to dress modestly for the Junior/Senior Banquet & the Minority Student Achievement Awards Banquet, as well as all formal events. Anything tight, scant, backless, see-through, low in the neckline or revealing the midriff is immodest and unacceptable. Slits should be no higher than the top of the knee. Strapless or spaghetti straps are acceptable for this event as long as the above standard is followed. Any questions regarding what is appropriate should be addressed to the Dean of Women’s Office."

I just wonder how there could possibly be a functional strapless dress that is neither "tight" nor "low in the neckline."  They must have a strong engineering program at Liberty.

The good lord will keep the dress up to prevent his children most holy nipples form inappropriate exhibition. Faith before science my friend, faith before science.

By the way how cool would be to have the title Dean of Women.

gentoo

• Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 07:07:25 PM »
Everyone at Liberty should wear a mumu.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 08:21:38 PM »
T-shirt + cargo shorts + sandals = win

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 08:49:38 PM »
Just wear whatever you wear. There's people in slacks and button up shirts, people in shorts, sandals, and old t-shirts, and everything in between.

I wouldn trecommend going in PJs. You can dress casually, but at least DRESS.

the REAL desi

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 09:01:54 PM »
Just wear whatever you wear. There's people in slacks and button up shirts, people in shorts, sandals, and old t-shirts, and everything in between.

I wouldn trecommend going in PJs. You can dress casually, but at least DRESS.

i had a nightmare that I was naked in torts and that my prof called on me and grilled me about palsgraf v long island rr